x
Beta Member

Where did the "Edit" button go?

Is anyone else missing the "edit" button from the home screen on app?  It was there 10 minutes ago..  ???

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 80
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Is anyone else missing the edit button from the home screen on app?

Update: In the latest update of Square Register, we introduced the "Quick Create Items for Sale" feature to address everyones feedback. This feature will allow you to create an item "on the fly," and then it will automatically be added to your sale. This not only saves you a step, it gives back the functionality everyone in this thread enjoyed. This feature has been rolled out to every seller. 

Thanks for everyones' feedback and patience as we worked through this together. 😀

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback.

The Items applet was a feature that was released recently for iPads, as you all have noticed. As a bit of background, this feature debuted on Square Register for Android devices more than a year ago. This latest update for the iPad version of Square Register brought our software into line with one another. Our Product Team did consider how this could cause a little bit of confusion, so we included a post-update pop-up for sellers.  From the sounds of it, it seems like the biggest issue is the lack of ability to search by SKU inside the Item's applet. This has been a popular feature request for quite some time now, and even brought to our attention in another community thread. It sounds like a workaround was to add the item to a current sale, and then to edit it. I didn't even think of this work around when I responded in the other thread! I can definitely see how this has created extra work for many of you, and I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.  

We have been in touch with our Product team about this change, and they agreed that this is feedback that they definitely want to address. In regards to the ability to search for items using the barcode scanner, they've increased the priority of this bug to get this addressed ASAP. As far as adding the ability to create items from a current sale, we'll continue to discuss a path forward that addresses your concerns for ease of editing. I'll be sure to update this thread if I hear anything more . 

79 REPLIES 79

Sean - How does the new thing you are beta testing help with an easier way of editing? I now have to make a list of what I need to edit and then switch over to Items to do the editing when before I could do the editing all from one page. Does the new thing you are beta testing make it easier for me to edit without the additional steps? It does not sound like it does, but please explain. 

Another problem we are having is that our password does not always work. Sometimes we have to log in with our old password and sometimes with the new one. Again, waisting our time. Any suggestions? I plan on making a call to Square on Monday. 

I am disappointed that the edit button will not be coming back, as someone in this community said he had talked to your programmers and was confident that the edit button would be back. Sounds like the run around to me. 

Sorry to be so negative. This whole thing is very frustrating. We were very happy with square for over two years, but now with this new update, not so much. We are coming to the realization that Square is not as reliable as we thought. It really is a disappointment. 

Message 64 of 80
Square

@CCC2513 - While I can't speak to the specifics of what we've been cooking up for y'all, I'm happy to get you an invite to test things out. You'll be able to give your feedback directly to the product owner (it's a pretty unique opportunity). As for the password issues, I'd definitely suggest reaching out directly - we can escalate this for you. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 65 of 80

Creating ITEMS at the Point of Sale takes TOO LONG now… too many steps.

Previously, we were able to create items from the REGISTER window but know requires you to go back to the ITEMS window to create all items. Plus, the default for enabling taxes seems to fluctuates. One day they are applied, the next day thay aren't. Sometimes during the day one tax appears and the other doesn't. Sometimes items inputted from one device will not show up for 5+ minutes for all to access.

And when you have to input/create each item at the time of check-out (20 different Vendors and 485+ items a day) the time at check-out has recently increased double and triple-fold, resulting in lost sales when people leave because of the line and wait time.

Message 66 of 80
Square

@ChartreuseBarn - Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We're actually tracking this change in this thread. Please check it out for more details! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 67 of 80

I agree. Too many dang steps! Keep it simple ......

Also, I find the link to "pair" the pad to the chip reader to be too cumbersome to find.

Being in an area where connectivity can be sketchy. I dont have time to flitter around in the side bar to find the dang link. Put that link, along with the EDIT button where we can access it immediately. I get pretty irritated while customers wait........... and then the reader needs to be "rebooted".

Stop making me hunt for things that I need/use often!! 

Message 68 of 80
Square

I'm happy to share an update with everyone. In the latest update of Square Register, we introduced the "Quick Create Items for Sale" feature to address everyones feedback. This feature will allow you to create an item "on the fly," and then it will automatically be added to your sale. This not only saves you a step, it gives back the functionality everyone in this thread enjoyed. We're expecting this feature to be live over the next couple of days. 👍 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 69 of 80

Just updated the app. I don't see it...? Glad it's coming back!

Message 70 of 80
Square

@TDBS - Apologies, I jumped the gun a little bit on this one. We're expecting this feature to be live over the next couple of days for everyone. If you don't see it now, you should see it soon. Thanks for your patience!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 71 of 80
Square

This feature should be live for everyone now. 🙌

Sean
he/him/his
Message 72 of 80

From what i can tell, the "+" link only allows you to ADD an item. It does not seem to allow an EDIT! So were back to the sidebar... Sigh... 

Message 73 of 80

Agreed. Glad to be able to add items on the fly, but still prefer the EDIT button.

Message 74 of 80

Yep, this is getting annoying. Too many steps! What the big deal about putting the dang button where it does US the most good?? I'm searching for other options. As we move into xmas season i dont want this hastle.

Message 75 of 80
Super Seller

I beta tested this option and I did make the suggestion to edit the products like we use to to save time BUT the + button is nice. 

I like that when I add items it automatically puts that item into the current sale. 

For those you who are constantly editing items from the sound of it why not just add the item at the time of sale? I do this now with my consignment store since I have one of everything and it takes me no time at all. I have categories set up so I can track what's selling best. I really don't see how it's taking you SO much time.

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 76 of 80

The plus button is to add, the edit bit does just that. When one repeats a buy but only the price changes, i dont need to ADD it! Why is this so hard to understand? Im done on this forum. Its a waste of time too. Thanks....

Message 77 of 80
Square

@alexandriak @CatsMeow - Thanks to both of you for taking the time to share your feedback. I know that our product team has been keeping a close eye on this thread.

Just as a reminder, the "Edit" button hasn't gone away - you just need to navigate to "Items" section of the Square Register app to locate it. If you do need to add an item during a sale, just as alexandriak suggested, you can use the "+" sign. Hope this helps a bit, and a big thanks to everyone for being part of our community. 😊

Sean
he/him/his
Message 78 of 80

There used to be an edit button in my library of items where I could delete items.  I run weekly specials/discounts and upon completiion I like to  delete the special so that my employees don't continue to use that discount by accident.  Where has the edit button gone to and how can I delete these weekly discounts in my library?

Message 79 of 80
Admin

Hi @bluefringe1 — welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up! It looks like another seller had the same question, and received an answer. Check out Sean's reply and let us know if that helps make things more clear.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 80 of 80