x

Zip Code Unrecognized for place near me

I run a regionally based website that allows for payment plans. I continuously have a problem with Square not recognizing a zip code associated with a small town that we deal with often. Am I doing something wrong? Every time I try to manually input a card with the associated zip code I get the error "Please Verify the Zip Code."    

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @mgrimesguy, this sounds interesting. 

I have a couple questions for you so I can have a better understanding of what's happening. 

Are you processing payments manually on the Point of Sale app or Virtual Terminal? 

Does the town have multiple zip codes or just one? Also does your customer live within the city limits? 

Typically this error message populates when the zip code entered doesn't match what's on file with the card issuer, but since the town is small it would be kind of hard to mix up a zip code. 

I'll keep an eye out for your reply! 👀

Message 2 of 4

The issue only arises when I am trying to input the card information for reuse into the customer's "page" and is exclusively on the virtual terminal. 

The town is small enough that there is only 1 zip code and it has happened with more than one customer from this area. 

Message 3 of 4

I see! That's really weird, do you get the same kind of error when trying to process these cards on the Point of Sale App? @mgrimesguy

Message 4 of 4