x

When I accept a payment from my eCommerce site will a profile be created in the Square Directory?

Payment information is collected via website and we want that infomation to create a new customer in the square directory when payment is processed.  Is there a button that will allow the infomation to populate the Custoemr directory?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Identifying Customers: Online vs In-Store”. The original author has been notified via email.

When someone comes into our retail store and dips their card, their name is added to "Customers" and we can see their order history. 

I am now wondering for our online store, if we use Square Ecommerce, will online customers also be added to the same "Customers" list? And we can see their online vs in-store transactions?

Message 2 of 4

Hello @square_marc! This is a great question that another seller asked yesterday. 

I recommend checking out Puka's answer above! 

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Hey @Kastrong - Just to make sure we're on the same page, are you using Square API within your website? If so, there currently isn't a way to import customer information into your Directory as Instant Profiles are only created when a card is swiped or dipped through the Point of Sale application. If it's necessary for you to obtain the customer's information, I recommend using JotForm or Cognito Forms which allow you to create forms to collect info before taking the customer's payment.

Hopefully that's along the lines of what you're looking for, but if not, definitely let us know!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 4