x

Why is my square credit card getting declined when there is plenty of money on it?

When placing orders with my vendors my square credit card is being rejected and there is plenty of money available on the card .

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Croot1492

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I recommend calling our Customer Success Team. They'll be able to look into this. I can't troubleshoot these declines from the Seller Community since I don't have access to your account. 

Message 2 of 6

Yep. Mine too. Looks like their EMV offline tender isn't working. It's nearly authorizing it but then requests a return at the last minute. 

I bet you could get it to approve a gas station swiped payment 

Hopefully they fix this soon

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hey @Steves8, I see you've already started a case with the CS team about this. If you continue to experience declines please email our call the team again so they can investigate. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

I'm also experiencing random declines for purchases and at ATM machine. Today, it happened twice.  Last week once. 

Message 5 of 6
Admin

@fscott5

Sorry for the frustration around your card.

ATM withdraws do have a limit of $250.00 per transaction. Depending on how much you are attempting to withdraw, this could have been an issue. Additionally, we did have a small outage that may have affected your card last week. 

If you continue to see this issue, I would encourage you to reach out directly to our Customer Success team so they can look further into this.  

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 6 of 6