x

Can I key in entries for credit cards on file?

I want to order the card reader.  But, a majority of my sales are with credit cards that are on file and I key the numbers in manually.  Will I be able to do this?

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can always manually key in transactions in the Square Register app.  you will pay a slightly higher fee of 3.5% + $.15 due to manually entered cards having a lot higher fraud rate. 

You will need more info though than just card numbers.  MM/YY expiration, CVV 3 numbers form back of the card, ZIP billing zip code.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can always manually key in transactions in the Square Register app.  you will pay a slightly higher fee of 3.5% + $.15 due to manually entered cards having a lot higher fraud rate. 

You will need more info though than just card numbers.  MM/YY expiration, CVV 3 numbers form back of the card, ZIP billing zip code.

Message 2 of 10

How do I start to key in credit card 

Message 3 of 10
Super Seller

Message 4 of 10
Super Seller

Message 5 of 10

hello,

what is the daily limit for keyed in transactions.

Message 6 of 10
Super Seller

I don't believe there is a limit for overall transactions.  There is a $50,000 limit on a single transaction, though.

Message 7 of 10
Square

Yep, that's correct. No transaction limits aside from that. 

Message 8 of 10

I can't find anywhere that mentions how you key it in once youhave your info.  Is anyone able to help me?

Message 9 of 10
Alumni

@klrw432, hope you're doing well! I thought you might want to know that as of today, you can store cards on file with Square Register. 🎉  Read more about it in this post and let us know if you have questions! 

Message 10 of 10