x

Can I use Square to process orders from my e-business without having the physical Credit Card?

Can I use Square to process orders from my E Business Without having the physical Credit Card

Can someone answer this for me? thanks, Bob

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Yes. You can manually enter the card information - name on card, card number, expiration date, and cvc. However, you will pay an additional fee to process payments this way.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Best Answer

Yes. You can manually enter the card information - name on card, card number, expiration date, and cvc. However, you will pay an additional fee to process payments this way.

Message 2 of 11

OK THANKS FOR YOUR PROMPT REPLY

Message 3 of 11
Alumni

Thanks for the answer, @Intertwined! This Support Center article has a breakdown of Square's fees by transaction type.

@BB4 depending on the type of business you have, you may also want to check out our Invoicing product, which has a fee of 2.9% + 30 cents. For more details, check out this Support Center article: Send Invoices Online with Square

Message 4 of 11

Great idea thanks I will check it out

Message 5 of 11

Do I still need to buy the entire set up card reader and everything else that goes with it for the $49 price

Message 6 of 11

Hello @Druopp01

If you only plan on selling online you will not need to purchase a card reader. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Message 7 of 11

Hello, is there a way to manually accept a credit card payment without the CVC and billing zip code?

Message 8 of 11
Alumni

Hi @Business101 - Unfortunately, that information is needed in order to process the card. If the card is not physically present and the customer is not comfortable giving you that information, you can also request payments through an Invoice and the customer can pay via email.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 9 of 11

I only need to process credit card payments for invoices without the physical card. Which plan do I need and how do I sign up for this to get set up?

Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @Digitalyalo23

There isn't anything special you need to sign up for to use Invoices through your Point of Sale account. 

You have a several of options to access Invoices - you can use the Invoices app on your device to manage your invoices, use your Dashboard, or even your Point of Sale app. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 11