x

Feature Request: Schedule classes + group sessions + multiple clients during one time slot

Feature Request: Schedule classes + group sessions + multiple clients during one time slot

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Use Square Appointments to schedule classes or group sessions?

Has anyone successfully used Appointments to schedule classes taught to clients/gneeral public?  Looking for tips. Thanks!

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: apointments

Hey @exdub-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

The ability to book group sessions or an appointment for multiple people is one of our most popular feature requests. I went ahead and moved your post over to this thread to prevent duplicates.

We do not currently have an ideal workaround to suggest. Square Appointments right now isn't optimized for group classes, events, etc. For your business, I may suggest that you use our Square Online Store instead. You will be able to list items as Events, and then sell tickets to the events per person so they can select a quantity:

Let me know if this would work as a workaround for you. Cheers! 

Verified Answer

Re: Use Square Appointments to schedule classes?

We don't currently offer class or group booking with Appointments - certainly a popular request and I know how helpful it would be for you (and many others.) 

For now the only workaround I can suggest would be scheduling overlapping sessions for each client in the group/appointment. However, it's only possible for you to create overlapping appointments manually on your calendar, so this isn't something your customer's could book.

Thanks for your patience while we work to expand the features in our Appointments app. We'll definitely let you if a better solution is available in the future.

276 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this @RhythmandShoes and it's great that you explained your exact business need for this feature. 

That type of information is very valuable for our Appointments team. Unfortunately I don't have any new updates around this, and I agree that the seller advocacy for this is through the roof. 

Hopefully we get an update around this specific feature soon and we can post an update for everyone. Thanks for being patient with us thus far 👍🏼

Hi @anamcre

I moved your post over to this existing thread, as it's one of the more popular feature requests that our Appointments team is actively tracking. 

Group or Class booking isn't available at this time, but check out some of the information in this existing thread and hopefully there's a workaround to hold you over until we can get something rolled out to help with this. 

It's been almost 2 years of waiting and you "working on it"  @EJ_. Seriously how are we to expect it will every happen. 

I was signed up with Book Fresh and was forced over to Square (due to buy out or whatever).  I used the classroom feature often and I'd like solid answers (not the copy paste replies square does in the threads) on estimated roll out dates of the feature or a honest reply of 'we are not working on this feature currently'.

Stop stringing people along.  You have a major void in your system.

@argylephoto I'd love nothing more than to give you an exact answer on if this will become available or an exact timeline of where we're at with this in general. 

Trust me, if we had that information, we would share it with everyone. 

I think the closest piece of information that would answer your question is the update that Devon gave in the Best Answer

To date, we haven't prioritized this feature, but that's not to say we won't in the future.

I use Square in my shop for retail sales, services and classes. I would love to see a class scheduling feature. This feature is so important to my business that I tried Mind Body to see if that would be a better fit. While they have a great reporting system and the ability to schedule classes, I found their system is very cumbersome to use. Please add me to the list of Square users waiting for this critical feature.

A workaround this long issue is to allow customers to purchase classes in your store. Put the date time and class type in the details of the items. Set the max amount of people as the inventory. Once that is done you can block / schedule your schedule accordingly. This is a temporary fix. If for example you have a yoga class at different times of the day on a Monday create it something like this:

Item: Monday Yoga Class + Date

Modiiers: 1PM, 2PM, 4PM, 6PM

Cost of Class

This way clients can purchase the class in your store (or not, just leave the price blank) and then you know how many people are attending the class and you can set up accordingly until Square finally adds this feature if ever. 

I see this post was from 2016, I presume this shortcoming has been fixed by now... directions please?

Beta Member

No. It hasn’t been fixed. What’s been addressed is that it isn’t high enough on their list of priorities to adjust the product. Maybe later. 

I am beginning a tutoring business and would like to use square as a on stop shop but I need the ability to book groups for my small group sessions. Is this feature yet available? Please say yes 😆

Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Does square appointments allow group session booking?”

@VirtualLabNC This feature isn't available yet, I'm sorry! 😔 

I've moved your post here so we can keep track of everyone who is interested in group session booking, and let everyone know if it becomes available.