x

Why doesn't the Sales Tax up date on Invoices that I have already sent?

Our city recently changed the sales tax, therefore we changed the over-all, across the board, sales tax. I went to go update an invoice that I have out to a client and noticed that the sales tax has not been updated. I tried to change the sales tax but the Invoice would not let me unless I completely deleted the line item and re-entered it. This is rediculous. I have over 20 invoices out to clients and each are VERY detailed, specific to the clients order. I CAN NOT spend time re-entering EVERYTHING. 

Please advise. The tax must reflect the current tax at the time a client pays for the order, NOT the tax at the time the client orders. That's just how it works. THERE HAS TO BE A FIX FOR THIS. 

I keep finding small things like this. Your services are supposed to make life easier, NOT more difficult. I'm getting very frustrated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller Alumni

If your invoices were created before the tax change then there is no need to make the adjustment. Any tax or item changes will not alter past transactions, this includes invoices because they are considered a sale.  Invoices are a sold sale waiting for payment it should be treated like a sale that has been paid.

Message 2 of 2