x

Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Is there a way 2 take partial payments 4 an invoice?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Little late with an update here, but wanted to make sure y'all know this is possible with Square Progress Invoices!

You can schedule multiple payments on a Square Invoice by following these steps 

Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Hi there, @LiaJmt - thanks for adding your voice here and checking in on this feature! Good to hear from you. Same to you, @BIONICONE - welcome! 

You may be looking specifically for our newly introduced Deposit Feature for Invoices. This will also allow you to create a single invoice to track multiple payments and reduce the amount of time you have to spend reconciling multiple payments (deposit, follow-up payments) to a single transaction or sale.

Let me know if this is what you're looking for! 

336 Comments

What you do not seem to appreciate is that the answeer you offer is the same answer that you have given for well over a year. I chose Square because I was told that you actually supported this by a Square representative before I bought in. I like Square for what it does, its a great product......but as far as customer service and answeringfg the needs of your customers you are an absolute failure....its a shame because so many have wanted you to succeed on this. The reaction and timing of your responce to this issue seems like you have a single programmer and could care less about anyone in this thread or with this need. Your answer is a cop out.

I would definitely be interested in being included in the beta group for this feature. Thank you!

Hello, any news on partial payments? I really need this feature. 

This sounds like you have to dig a mountain. Please get a life. You think people are stupid. Your software has been around 8 to nine years minimum. This small option should not take so long. If you do not have ability to do this and are not good enough please tell people and not waste their time.

Hello,

We are a small catering business that has landed a large business account. Our new customer wants to be able to pay for the invoice in stages (50% up front and 50% once we complete the job) but they only want 1 total invoice. Having the ability to make partial payments towards an invoice would really simply the entire payment process for us and our client's accountant.  Do you have any ideal when this feature will be availible? 

Warm Regards,

Mia at FEAST

So this is a popular feature request that's been asked for almost a year and half and it's still 'on the roadmap with no timetable'.  What kind of road map are you guys looking at?  Seems like there's no clear direction on what and when you guys want to deliver to your customers.  On top of that Square doesn't clearly define what's on the roadmap.  Unless im mistaken, there's nowhere to see what's currently in the works and what and when customers should be expecting an update.  You have a great product everyone wants to use and are just a few tweaks away from having the best product out there.  Either management is focusing on the wrong things or keeping customers happy is simply not a priority for them.  What you're doing here is bad business.  At any time a new competitor can arise that listens to their customers and give them things they need to run a successful business.  I'll continue using your product because again, it's a great product.  But I'm sure a few customers out there, myself included, are just waiting for something better to come along.  

Square does not care. They are making money. Their Priority is not customers. They just created this thread which, I am sure they don't even read all these comments. Not worth wasting our time.

Here is how I have handled a similiar situation.  I create an Item called "Partial Payment" with a variable price (whatever price you need it to be).  That covers the first payment.   Then you can create a series of recurring payments to cover the remaining $300 for 10 months.  The problem with this workaround is that I don't think you can't record the total price of the product (s) in the total of the initial invoice.   You can however note that in the message field.   So essentially this is a billing  (getting the payments in) workaround, but not necessarily an invoicing (accounting and records) workaround.   I think somebody at some point may have posted another work around as good or perhaps better than the one I suggest here.  Hope this helps. 

Has this been added? thanks

has this been added as a feature?