x

Loyalty: Are customers able to earn loyalty points by shopping in my Square Online site?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Loyalty Points

Hello,

Are customers able to earn loyalty points by shopping my online store?  Or only by physically swiping their card in person?

Thanks!

Erin

Message 1 of 85
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello! I would like to let everyone know that you can now use Square Loyalty with all Square Online purchases. This will allow your customers to enroll, redeem, and earn Loyalty points at your checkout page with their phone number.

A few things to keep in mind while you use this feature:

• You must ask for your customerโ€™s phone number during checkout on Square Online. This is a default option that is set to โ€œon.โ€ If this option is off, you can turn it back on in your checkout settings.

• Your customers can redeem rewards during checkout. They can enroll for your Loyalty program, or view their earnings on the order confirmation page

• If you have multiple Square locations: Your Loyalty program is tied to your Online store location. If you have separate Online Stores (each tied to a different location) you must create a separate Loyalty program for each store. You can check if your current Loyalty subscription is tied to your online store location here.

Category-based rewards are not redeemable online at this time.

original-.png

You can find more information in our Overview of Square Loyalty, but feel free to ask any questions you have below as well. Thanks, everyone, for your time!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 56 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

We have several purchases daily, made on our online store. However the customers loyalty rewards are not being earned when they purchase online.  Several customers are missing out on the rewards, because they order online. 

How do we remedy this?

Message 2 of 85
Super Seller

Square loyalty program does not work with online sales, only sales in-store thru Square POS.

Message 3 of 85

Yes you are right, however it should. The customers are still paying us, through Square. So therfore it needs to be corrected to include loyalty. The customers have to put their phone number in when ordering online, so that should be made to link to loyalty I think.

Message 4 of 85
Beta Member

I couldn't agree more that the Online Store should have the Loyalty program integrated.  We've had several customers order online and when they get to the store we have to then merge the new account Square created for them ( that's annoying and a bad experience for our customers ) and manually award them with their stars for their purchase.  Additionally our customers get frustrated that they can't use their rewards for their purchases on our online store.

Please add this functionality.

Message 5 of 85

Yes this is needed we wanted to promote online cusotmer but with the current thing with square they won't get any rewards. Square should fix this and make this to the top of list

Message 6 of 85

A lot of our customers having been asking if they online purchases were earning stars on our loyalty program. We assumed they were but are seeing that they aren't. 

How do we fix this?

Also is it possible to create more than one loyalty program?

Message 7 of 85
Super Seller

online purchases do not qualify for loyalty programs currently.  and you can only have one loyalty program active at a time.

Message 8 of 85
Super Seller

Message 9 of 85

Thank you!

Message 10 of 85
Beta Member

We just signed up for the Loyalty program only to discover that our loyal online customers will not be able to earn points!! I called support and was told they are looking at adding that feature but no idea when. Itโ€™s a bit befuddling to say the least, how a company that makes most of its revenue from credit card sales would not have this as part a loyalty program!

Message 11 of 85
Super Seller

unfortunately, Square loyalty only works in store currently.  95%+ of Square credit card transactions take place in stores so that is what the loyalty system was built for to start with.

Message 12 of 85
Beta Member

Is there any update to if/and when this feature would be added for the online store?

Message 13 of 85
Admin

Hey @HectorSed, thanks for checking in! We went to see if there have been any updates surrounding this request, but unfortunately we don't have any new development to share at this time.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 14 of 85

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: WEEBLY LOYALTY

Please let me know if there is a way for the customer to use loyalty points at checkout during online purchase through Weebly. Thanks!

Message 15 of 85
Alumni

Square Loyalty is not currently integrated with the online store, so your customers will not be able to use their loyalty points at checkout on the online store at this time. You are able to create coupons within your online store - these are only for use within your online store. 

I've gone ahead and moved your post to this thread where we are tracking the request to integrate Square Loyalty with your online store, @elisa1 - we'll post in this thread if we have an update to share!

Valentina
Message 16 of 85

I am sure that with lots of merchants building their own order ahead apps in the current crisis, the ability to use the API to earn points would be greatly appreciated!

Message 17 of 85

Thanks for adding your input here, @bareblends! Passing along your feedback to our API Product Teams.

Joe
Message 18 of 85

Aferpay

I thinking integrating Afterpay with Square Online Store (Weebly) would entice customers to spend more, helping both my business as well as Square.

Loyalty

I am requesting the loyalty feature be added to Square Online Store so that my customers could redeem points they may have earned in store on their online purchases as well. This is kind of two requests in one because to be able to do this, customer accounts would have to exist on our website.

Message 19 of 85

Hi @pretties!

Thanks for taking the time to leave your suggestions for future improvements!

Afterpay is becoming a popular request and we do offer Square Installments in certain states which is kind of our version of that. 

There's another thread going requesting Loyalty in the Online Store too that you can add your input in for tracking purposes as well. 

Ashley C
Message 20 of 85
Beta Member

We recently started our online store for customers to place orders for pick up. We had a very active loyalty program and now our customers do not seem to be able to redeem the points they have gathered. New points are being earned on these transactions but we still haven't found a way for them to be redeemed through the online checkout. Is this an available feature? 

Message 21 of 85