x

Sales tax not charged on two transactions

I had two charges this last weekend where sales tax was not charged.  All the other items that were sold that day and configured the same had taxes calculated properly.    This isn't the first tme this has happened.  The last time Square Support took so long to respond to me that I dropped the issue.  Anybody else had this problem and how have you resolved it?

Thanks

Chris

Hudson Valley Distillers

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I'm not sure on what you asking help on. The fact that two items were not charged sales tax? Most likely the sales tax option was not confirgued for those particular items that it did not collect. Or, you have the setting where the tax is built in to the price rather than saying to collect it.

Message 2 of 5
Square

I agree that it is likely one of these scenarios, @curbsidekitchen

@cmoyercpa, to check the items and ensure that tax is enabled on each of them, visit the Items page in your online Square Dashboard. Next, click an item and check the applicable box next to the tax rate(s) you’d like to apply. 

I won't be able to look into the specific transactions here, but the Support team can certainly give you a hand, if need be!

Message 3 of 5

I am having the same issue at one of my locations where items are not being taxed but they have been taxed in the past.

This  issue also happened in the past to me

I also contacted customer support but they take a very very very long time. mean while I have uncollected taxes building daily that have to come out of my pocket.

Yes all the items in my library have tax turned on

Message 4 of 5

Hey @ArizonaSwimApp, are these transactions on Square Point of Sale or are they for your Online Store? 

Message 5 of 5