x

Reviews to external sites

There was a post on here sometime ago about a new platform that was being tested (like 2 years ago, I’m assuming testing is done by now), and I am wondering if anyone has shed any new light on this. 

I have a ton of customers that do not have a gmail account, yelp, or similar, so getting reviews OUTSIDE of the app is super aggravating. If anyone knows of how to get the square reviews to post to Facebook, google, or yelp, I would be greatly appreciative. 

I already have  a link to my google reviews on my receipt but as you know it requires the user to have a gmail account to do so. Nearly everyone is on Facebook, whether they’re 9 or 90 years old.  

If this is not a feature already, it needs to be one. I deserve to have my happy customers reviews of my business for all to see, not just square. 

Any info or if anybody knows another way to accomplish this, please help. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

I want this feature too!

Message 2 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @aecomputers

Thanks for sharing your thoughts around this. 

There hasn't been any movement in regards to thsi feature that I'm aware of, but if anything changes, we'll be sure to announce it. 

It looks like you were able to find the thread that @417iphonerepair is referencing, so keep an eye on the original thread, as that's where we would post an update. 

Message 3 of 4

@aecomputers @EJ_

still currently working on getting this feature up and running. Been some bumps in the initial installation, working with reviewtree. One thing you need to know though is that google reviews are currently not supported for advertising purposes ... (ppc AdWords) seems they have removed them for ads. One other thing is that in order to get your seller ratings to show (the stars next to your name in the ads, paid) review tree is not sourced as an independent review site (see support.google.com, search seller ratings extensions). 

I guess if your simply wanting the reviews reviews on your google my business, from what I’m told it should work. I haven’t seen thus far since it’s not implemented in my square account yet. I will keep this updated just tag me for updates. 

Message 4 of 4