x

Arranging items?

Ok I've seen post about alphabetizing items but none of them cover what I'm looking for.  I'm going to do this step by step as I can't post pictures.  And this is for Square Retail as well if that makes any difference and this is all done from the squareup.com page on a PC.   Ok I start out by clicking the Items on my left hand side of my screen.  I get my list of all the products I have (well over 20 different products) and those are all alphabetized which is great.  Next I click on one of my products lets say Cases.  After that screen opens I'm looking at the Edit Item screen.  It has the Detail box at the top and and Price & Inventory list.  With my business, I regularly have to add new items to this screen and I can do that no issue but my problem is the list isn't alphabetized.  It doesn't even appear on my register as alphabetized either and would make my job easier if I could get them that way.  I've seen that add a number or letter in front thing which a) I believe is stupid if your items are letters why you would you add extra letters which is really pointless and b) just means extra work if I want them in alphabetical order.  Is there something in the works to make this happen or is there something I'm missing. I would hate to have to delete all the items and redo them and since each one can have upwards of 20+ items would take far too much time.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

https://squareup.com/dashboard/items/library is alphabetized for me and is alphabetized in the app.  I do not have Square for retail so that is the only variable that is different.  @katieand, does it make a difference for Square POS vs Square for retail for items?

Message 2 of 5
Alumni

Hi @Jakits - As @VanKalkerFarms mentions your items should be alphabetized. However, I believe you're referring to variations in the Dashboard.

These aren't alphabetized as most sellers will choose to have their best selling variation at the top of the list (depending on their biz type). 

You do have the option to click and drag those into any order you desire. There are three horizontal little black lines next to the left side of each variation name to do that. 

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

ah, I wasn't 100% sure on what the question was, but yep those variations can be arranged however you want.  And yes we don't have that variation list at all sorted in alphabetical but on most common to least common.

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

I realize this is an old thread, but it applies to our current issue. We know how to drag and drop variations to change the order. We actually DO want them in alphabetical order because we have so many. 

Message 5 of 5