x

Can you schedule text reminders for clients in Square Appointments?

My customers prefer to have a text message reminder sent to them the day before their appointment, is there an way to set this up in the appointments program? 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 28
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there!

You can absolutely send text message reminders to your clients for their appointments. 

You can do this from your Square Appointments Dashboard in the Communications tab here.

From the iPhone version of the Appointments app go to the Settings section > tap Notifications > tap Text Message Reminders.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there!

You can absolutely send text message reminders to your clients for their appointments. 

You can do this from your Square Appointments Dashboard in the Communications tab here.

From the iPhone version of the Appointments app go to the Settings section > tap Notifications > tap Text Message Reminders.

Message 2 of 28

will text reminders work for recipients with Android phones?  I would assume so but came across something online that made me ask.

Thanks!!

Message 3 of 28

I've been using this feature of sending an automated email reminder 2 days prior to the clients appointment and again via text/sms 1 day before the scheduled appointment time. This system seems to work just fine for me.

I have customers using Android as well as Apple/IOS platforms. I have been using this for almost 4 years and have never received any troubling feedback.

Message 4 of 28

I would like to schedule text reminders, but do not utilize Square appointments. Is that the only way to do it by text ? Currently I use the e-mail reminders only through the notes....but my customers would prefer text.

Message 5 of 28
Admin

That's right @IndigoSkin, text reminders are only available with Square Appointments.

I'd be interested to hear more about how you'd use text reminders. Would you use them with Invoices or to remind customers about appointments (even though you don't use Square Appointments)/something else?

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 28

@Helen I am a Body Piercer. At certain times we would need to remind our customers that it is time to size down their initial jewelry to a more appropriate size. Also we like to have our tattoo and piercing customers come in for a photo of their healed tattoo/piercing. Looks better that way and shows a completed project. So, I'd like to send gentle reminders to size their jewelry or come in for a photo......a LOT of our clients use text WAY more than e-mail. It would be convenient to have them have a little reminder pop up instead of them finding it buried in their inbox a month later.......It wouldn't be an appointment, just a reminder.

Message 7 of 28
Beta Member

I also run Appointments for a body piercing studio. I would LOVE this to be an option for Appointments, as well as a few other ideas that are useful for this trade - and potentially other service-based industries. I do re-checks for certain long-healing piercings and currently have to either rely on the client to remember - not very efficient - or I have to manually set reminders outside of Appts app and then, again, manually send reminders to customers... Please consider this upgrade. I would be SO grateful!

Also, the app needs a pop-up to let prospective clients that the appointment schedule is full... I get a lot of complaints that there is not existing feedback for this, it just errors-out. I'd prefer my clients to not think they did something wrong or that the app - which is AMAZING & has changed my studio-life! - is not working properly.  Thank you, in advance!!!

Message 8 of 28
Admin

@kuttersedge Really appreciate you taking the time to leave this detailed feedback! It helps our Product teams understand the importance of implementing certain features. I'll make sure to pass this along.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 9 of 28
Admin

Thank you so much for sharing this extra detail @IndigoSkin

I see how custom reminders would be handy, and how it would help if they were sent after/separate to the client's initial appointment or transaction. I'll share this with our Product teams, hopefully there will be a solution for you in the not-too distant future. 😀

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 10 of 28

I was just looking into this as well and I agree it would be very helpful! I do lash extensions and Microblading and it would be great to set up text reminders for example for Microblading or a lash lift it would be a reminder for 6 weeks out from the day of their appointment instead of me having to look them up when I last did them and trying to see when they'd be due.

Message 11 of 28

Is there any chance you can update the platform to allow this to be customized to each client.  My early am clients receive their texts too early and I have to turn them off which means a possibility of them missing appointments.  I have used platforms in the past that allow each client to choose when they would like their reminders and it worked beautifully

Message 12 of 28

Some times I don’t book appointments until late at night into my tablet.  I don’t want it sending a reminder conformation text at night. Can I change the times it sends the reminders and how Many days before the appointment that it sends another reminder?

Message 13 of 28
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Can I customize the time in which it sends the reminders?

Hello @ashley14ash! You can customize the time your clients will receive reminders. As EJ mentions above you can edit your reminders from the Communications tab of your Appointments Dashboard. Click Appointments > Settings  > Communications and you'll see the option to edit when text reminders (and email) are sent.

However, the steps above are only to customize reminders. If you are booking an Appointment for a client they will receive a text/email to confirm their appointment. There isn't a way to change the time that these notificaitons are sent. I see how it would be useful as you may not be managing your business in "normal" business hours and I'll share your request with the Appointments team!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 14 of 28

Yea, I don't want them to get the confirmation text when I schedule their appointment. I only want them to get the reminder text 48 hours prior to their appointment.

Message 15 of 28
Alumni

Hi @joycedonnell - You can customize when your clients receive appointment reminders by going to the settings in your Dashboard here

Message 16 of 28

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "I don't want an immediate confirmation sent the day I schedule the appointment" The author has been notified via email.

When putting clients on the calendar I don't want it to send an immediate confirmation. I only want the confirmation sent when it is time to remind them of their appointment.

Message 17 of 28

Did you find a way to do that? I was looking for the same thing.

Message 18 of 28
Admin

@ekbcd When you create an Appointment you can choose not to send a confirmation notification to the client. Your client will still receive a reminder email or text message if you've set up those reminders

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 19 of 28

Thank you!

Message 20 of 28

"When you create an Appointment you can choose not to send a confirmation notification to the client."   Does anybody know how to do this??

Message 21 of 28