x
Alumni

FYI - Square Register is now ✨ Square Point of Sale ✨

Hi Sellers!

We updated the name of the Square Register app to Square Point of Sale. This change better reflects everything that the app can do – take payments, track sales, manage customers, manage employees, and more.

Square Point of Sale will appear the next time you update the app, and we wanted to let you know so that it doesn’t catch you off guard.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

How do you update the app?

Message 2 of 49

What kind of smart device are you using?

Message 3 of 49

Iphone, Ipad, Macbook. 

Message 4 of 49
Square

@dlsander06 - You just need to run updates through the App Store on your device. You don't have to take any sort of special steps. 

@HairbyBryanDean - The name change won't have any affect on the functionality of the app. 

@ALL - Our fees are based on card processing volume. If you process over $250,000  a year, we'd be happy to see if you quality for customer pricing, just reach out directly🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 5 of 49

Apple I phone

Message 6 of 49

dlsander06 you should go to your app store and find your Register app. If it already says Point of Sale this means your phone has automatically updated and there is nothing further for you to do. Otherwise there will be an option next to the Register app that says "update." Click on it. 
Message 7 of 49

Same way you update any other app

Message 8 of 49

The same way you update any other app.

Go to the Play store and search for the app. When you get to the app's page, you can update it, if needed.

I just looked in the app to see if it could be updated that way, but didn't see an update link there. 

Message 9 of 49

Nice!

Message 10 of 49

Being that it is Now The Point of Sale, Does that mean our Fees will be Reduced!!!

Message 11 of 49

Does this mean I can pay an invoice from my phone now?

Message 12 of 49
Square

@EurekaGraphicD - Just a name change right now. We haven't introduced any additional functionality at this time. Subscribe to this thread for updates on this particular feature. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 13 of 49

Whoopie! Just what we needed

Message 14 of 49

Good job

Message 15 of 49

If I enter a sale on my main POS will it appear in my app now? In other words, if I enter a catering delivey order in-store to print out a ticket for the kitchen will it automatically appear in my phone app or will I have to still do both like now when deliving the order?

Message 16 of 49

Any plan to have a Kiosk version?

Message 17 of 49
Alumni

@toyintakeout we have the Square Stand for iPad available, is that what you're looking for?  

@talaheim1 - you just need to update the app through the app store on your device - no special steps needed! 

@crafter1 - if your main POS is Square, you should see your sales wherever you're logged in to your Square account. Hope this helps! Feel free to start a new community thread if you still have questions. 👍 

Message 18 of 49

No. I need the App for self-ordering/kiosk. 

Message 19 of 49

How do you work with iPhone 7? Since the new phone does not have a jack?

Message 20 of 49
Super Seller

The iPhone 7 comes with a lightning to headphone adapter, so it works right out of the box with Square.  Also, the Bluetooth contactless and chip reader works with the iPhone 7.

Message 21 of 49