x

Why so few reachable customers?

I just did a search of our customer list to develop a list of lapsed customers that spent over a specific threshold with us, but either never returned or haven't been back in more than 3 months.  This count of this list approached 800.  However,  I just went to send the email, and the count now says that only 270 customers from this list are reachable.   Is it possible that that many customers have opted out of receiving emails from Square or is it possible that many emails are very old and no longer active on Square?  It is such a dramatic fall-off that I wanted to confirm if others have had similar experience

thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I think I found the answer to my own question - it looks like Square defines reachable as either 1 or 2 visits in a year timeframe - we have many folks on our list who are beyond the year (surge of activity in our first 6 months of operation) - so I am assuming that they are limiting access to those folks - hence the drop off

Message 2 of 5

Hello @BKWST

So a reachable customer is defined as an individual in your directory that you can contact by email. So if a customer provided you with their email address to add to their profile or they've entered their email address for a receipt and their preferences allow for email marketing. 

An easy way to check is by selecting the reachable filter on the Customer Directory and browsing the profiles! Customers that have entered their email address for a receipt will say "Reachable via Marketing" in the email field. If you click edit profile there will be no email address listed. 

If you still have questions please feel free to reach out to me! 

Message 3 of 5

Can we get that list exported?

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Yes @dhuser !

You can click on the Import/Export option from the Customers Tab and choose a Specific Group. Selecting the Reachable group will export this for you. 

Message 5 of 5