x

Is there a way to create a customer record, quickly, at the time of sale (not in the notes section)?

We are a Quick Serve Coffehouse and need a fast way to associate a customer record (for loyalty offers, etc.) to a sale at the time of purchase. It would be optimal if, when the customer pays with a credit card, we could associate that 'customer record' with the sale and retain that customer in the directory... automating the loyalty offer process.

Is this possible?

Ex: Customer orders a drink. We ring the drink up and swipe their CC card. The system recognizes their name, inputs that on the order ticket and creates (or matches up to an existing) customer record. When the customer orders 10 drinks, they get one free.. which is tracked automatically and the cashier wouldn't need to input customer data for a unique customer record. NOTE: We don't need phone numbers or emails for our purposes,... just a customer record to track purchases and apply loyalty offers to.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

To the best of my knowledge you have to assgin the customer to the ticket first, the system won't auto print a order ticket after they swipe the card. 

Message 2 of 4

That's actually what I'm referring to.. adding the customer to the ticket, by swiping their card... can that be done? I'm not worried about printing order tickets as we've seen the system attach the customer name from the credit card to the order ticket.. but we want it to create a customer record that is attached at the same time..

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @nationscoffee and @CashsCleaners, thanks for bringing this up. At this time, we don't offer the option to add a customer to the sale automatically when swiping their card for open tickets. I'll be sure to surface this request to the appropriate team. For now, you'll need to follow the two step process of opening the ticket and assigning the customer to the sale.

Thanks for your patience as we're always working to improve based on seller feedback. Please don't hesitate to chime in with any other insight!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 4