x

How to import items with price variations?

We are a community theatre that only sells show tickets.  Each item is a show night and there are 3 variations based on age with 3 price point.  How can this be added to the CSV spreadsheet so that they are all uploaded together?

Message 1 of 13
2 Best Answers
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Here is how part of you csv file should look.  Your Item name, description is the same - the Variation name is different.   

Item Name Description Category SKU Variation Name Price
Widget Name Widget Description (Just put it in the first item line) Drinks 45529590045 (Must all be different) Blue Raspberry Lemonade 3
Widget Name   Drinks 45529590014 Fruit Punch 3
Widget Name   Drinks 45429589965 Orange Blast 3
Widget Name   Drinks 45529589858 Watermelon 3

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 13
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @OnwardUP! Yes you can use the bulk import tool  (choose Modify Item Library) to update existing items.

This Support Center article has step-by-step instructions: Upload Your Item Library, and this Community post might help to: How to import items with price variations? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Here is how part of you csv file should look.  Your Item name, description is the same - the Variation name is different.   

Item Name Description Category SKU Variation Name Price
Widget Name Widget Description (Just put it in the first item line) Drinks 45529590045 (Must all be different) Blue Raspberry Lemonade 3
Widget Name   Drinks 45529590014 Fruit Punch 3
Widget Name   Drinks 45429589965 Orange Blast 3
Widget Name   Drinks 45529589858 Watermelon 3
Message 2 of 13

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: importing Items

Importing multiple Items with each item to have 2 variations with it's own SKU. When I hit to import items it does not give me the option to put the second SKU for the other variation.  What can I do? 

Message 3 of 13
Admin

Hello @siralec! You should be able to add a second SKU to your exported item library CSV file. This thread has a bit more information about importing items with variations and SKUs. I hope it helps but reply here if you're still having trouble! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 13

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How do I add sizes of items during mass import?" The author has been notified via email.

I have downloaded the square import doc and am filling it out. I have several hundred SKUS to import so I am needing to mass import. It is clothing so we have 3-4 sizes of each sku. I have tried to upload the template by filling out the Variables column like this: Small, Medium, Large however this did not work. Without having to create a seperate line item for every size, what is the easiest and fastes way of doing this usng the Template and mass import option?

Message 5 of 13

When I created inventory using the template, it added each variation as another item instead of being under 1 item. How do I fix this?

Message 6 of 13
Alumni

Hey @rmcubam - I've merged your post with a thread on a similar topic. @RHatch's response might help clarify how your CSV file should look in order for it to import correctly. If it looks as described, but you're still having issues, let us know!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 7 of 13

is there an answer to this posted somewhere

Message 8 of 13
Admin

Hey @eaglefangear! This post above has an picture of how your CSV file should look if you're importing items with variations.

For step-by-step instrucions to import items using the CSV template you can review this Support Center article: Import Items Online.

If you have any quesitons reply here to let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 9 of 13

I'm uploading hundreds of products and they all have applicable Item Variants. Can I upload these as part of the Item Upload, or so they each have to be edited individually?

Message 10 of 13
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @OnwardUP! Yes you can use the bulk import tool  (choose Modify Item Library) to update existing items.

This Support Center article has step-by-step instructions: Upload Your Item Library, and this Community post might help to: How to import items with price variations? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 11 of 13

I had been entering an original painting, and then as variations I entered different size prints with their own SKU numbers. THat worked fine. But now I no longer see variations, I only see Options and Modifiers. Options doesn't work for this for me. 

Message 12 of 13

HI, yes there was change in the Add Item page.  The Options and pricing IS the variations.  Once you input your information, it will appear as the old Variations.

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 13 of 13