x

Feature Request: Schedule classes + group sessions + multiple clients during one time slot

Feature Request: Schedule classes + group sessions + multiple clients during one time slot

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Use Square Appointments to schedule classes or group sessions?

Has anyone successfully used Appointments to schedule classes taught to clients/gneeral public?  Looking for tips. Thanks!

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: apointments

Hey @exdub-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

The ability to book group sessions or an appointment for multiple people is one of our most popular feature requests. I went ahead and moved your post over to this thread to prevent duplicates.

We do not currently have an ideal workaround to suggest. Square Appointments right now isn't optimized for group classes, events, etc. For your business, I may suggest that you use our Square Online Store instead. You will be able to list items as Events, and then sell tickets to the events per person so they can select a quantity:

Let me know if this would work as a workaround for you. Cheers! 

Verified Answer

Re: Use Square Appointments to schedule classes?

We don't currently offer class or group booking with Appointments - certainly a popular request and I know how helpful it would be for you (and many others.) 

For now the only workaround I can suggest would be scheduling overlapping sessions for each client in the group/appointment. However, it's only possible for you to create overlapping appointments manually on your calendar, so this isn't something your customer's could book.

Thanks for your patience while we work to expand the features in our Appointments app. We'll definitely let you if a better solution is available in the future.

276 Comments

I am trying to setup appointments to allow multiple users to book the same appointment because the appointment has two available slots. Here are my requirements and I wanted to see if someone smarter than me has already figured out if this is possible.

I have an instructor and he can have up to two clients at the same time.

-1 hour solo appointment - the instructor is booked exclusively for a customer. This blocks both available client slots.

-1 hour shared appointment - the instructor can be booked by up to 2 customers for the same time.

What I have found with other systems is that you can setup "classes" with a max number of seats. So in this case the class would have 2 seats and can be booked by two people.

However if someone books the "Solo class" they get both seats to themselves.

We are trying to figure out the same thing.  Hopefully there is an easy answer out there..?

Beta Member

is this possible? if not why?

Square

We don't currently offer class or group booking with Appointments - certainly a popular request and I know how helpful it would be for you (and many others.) 

For now the only workaround I can suggest would be scheduling overlapping sessions for each client in the group/appointment. However, it's only possible for you to create overlapping appointments manually on your calendar, so this isn't something your customer's could book.

Thanks for your patience while we work to expand the features in our Appointments app. We'll definitely let you if a better solution is available in the future.

Have you tried under servicees Add additional time to the end of this appointment for clean up, transitioning, travel, etc. Clients will not be able to see or book appointments during blocked off time.

I'm trying to do the same thing, but selling seats on a charter boat, and as far as I can tell it isn't possible.  I wonder if I can get my money back!

I run a tour buisness.

I am wondering if it is possible to set up appointments as a tour, or are they only individual appointments??

Looking for a similar feature for group classes with set limits for number of slots open.

I need to do the same thing. Anyone know???

Can more than 1 client schedule an appointment on the same day and time as another client?  Is there a way for the calendar to still show the time available even if someone has already scheduled at that time and day?