x

Can you use a different email for same Square account and same bank account

Hi i am new to this and wanted to know if i could have 2 different emails conected to the same Square account and same bank account? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello, 

Currently, only one email address may be associated with each Square account. Adding multiple email addresses for account access purposes isn’t an available feature.

What was the use case for having multiple email addresses? Was it for reporting or notifications? 

Our Product Team would be interested to know your use case for this. 

Message 2 of 8

I would like to be able to use one email for login and an admin email for inventory tracking.

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

I can see how that would be helpful. Have you checked out the Team Management features?

If you're wanting to setup Square Dashboard access for administration purposes, you can use the free Team Permissions role, or use the paid Team Management features to create an Administrator Employee.

Once created, you'll be able to create another email login for accessing Dashboard and Point of Sale on a personal device.

Message 4 of 8

I am interested also. I am acting as the treasurer and co-chair  of my artists coop. I would like to send the reports to my notebook so that I would be able to create presentations for our meetings. But the link I receive in the email from the square account cannot be opened. I also need to give access to the Square account to at least my co-chair and to the bookkeeper

Message 5 of 8

Problem solved. Created an additional account on my mac notebook which gave me access to square dashboard. To give access to another person then I will have to pay $/month

Message 6 of 8

Can I have 2 different organizations or accounts with their own bank accounts using the same email address for both organizations? 

Message 7 of 8
Alumni

Thanks for the question @DogClub

We identify accounts by email, so unfortunately accounts cannot share the same one. But most people use the Multi-Location Management feature. Essentially it acts as two sub-accounts under one master email/account. 

You're able to add a different bank account for each location too.  

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8