x

How do I change the business name that appears on the receipt?

I just noticed that the wrong name is appearing on my receipts. How do I change the business name that appears on the receipt?

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 38
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can edit the business name displayed on your receipt from the Square Dashboard here: https://squareup.com/dashboard/business/receipt.

Also, you can update your General business name from the Dashboard here: https://squareup.com/dashboard/account.

Hope this helps! 

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Super Seller

Message 2 of 38

In my case, it is the name of one of our staff members that appears as "Receipt from Jane Doe"

How do I change "Jane Doe?" I can't find her name anywhere in my settings.

Message 3 of 38
Super Seller

Message 4 of 38

OK< I figured it out.

The name that shows on the Receipt email is the Business Name.

Once I changed that in the Account Settings, the receipt name was updated properly.

Message 5 of 38
Square

@PMAA - Glad to hear you got this sorted out! 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 6 of 38

How do I change the business name, there is a type-o

Message 7 of 38
Super Seller

Best Answer

You can edit the business name displayed on your receipt from the Square Dashboard here: https://squareup.com/dashboard/business/receipt.

Also, you can update your General business name from the Dashboard here: https://squareup.com/dashboard/account.

Hope this helps! 

Message 8 of 38

Perfect!!! Fixed in 2 seconds. Been looking for 2 days - lol.

Thanks!!

Message 9 of 38

Thank you for tha advice. In my case this did not work. In account settings and general settings my business appears correctly, however my reciept name is incorrect. Help!

Message 10 of 38
Alumni

Hey @TopGunn - Did you already try out @VanKalkerFarms suggestion to update it from your Receipt settings

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 11 of 38

How do I change my business name on my square account

Message 12 of 38
Square

Hi @Beccaivy — It looks like another seller had the same question, and received an answer. Check out this thread for more details. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 13 of 38

WARNING: if you change the business name, as of this writing (may 2017) there is a known and unfixed bug in the square processing that causes American Expres card receipts ONLY to still show the old merchant name. This is causing us serious problems, and Square's support has been abysmal. Initially, the CSR clearly didn't believe me, until I sent a screen capture of a customer's recipt. He then deigned to investigate and discovered that it was a known bug, but they have yet to a) fix it b) respond in any helpful way. 

I would recommend either opening a new account, or (better) using a different processor, like Braintree.

Message 14 of 38
Square Community Moderator

@Tiger Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. 

However, this does not apply to everyone and has only impacted a small number sellers. 

Most sellers are able to change their business names and customer facing receipt information without any trouble. 

As of right now, American Express can't tell us exactly why this happens, but we have a possible solution in place. We've been working directly with American Express to help get this resolved shortly.

Keep an eye out for updates and feel free to contact our Support Team directly for any clarification or specifics about your account. 

Message 15 of 38

Has this issues been fix?

I'm experiencing the same problem! Updated name won't show on AMEX and shows old business name.

Message 16 of 38
Alumni

Hey there @htran214

I'm sorry to see that you're having trouble with this. This is an issue some sellers were experiencing related to how AMEX cards are processed. I have reached out to another team member here at Square to see if I can get more information on the status of this. 

Message 17 of 38

This is still happening....what is the work-around?? I have the same issue!

Message 18 of 38

Hey there @artspotonwheels

Welcome to the Community! 

Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps trying to fix your receipts?

Check the area in your Dashboard under Account & Settings > Business > Receipts. If that doesn't do the trick, then check in the same area - under Locations instead. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply, if you are still having issues. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 19 of 38

I did both of those...it's still not working. Also, it's not JUST a glitch with Amex cards--it's all transactions. 😕

Message 20 of 38

@artspotonwheels

Ah okay. Since those suggestions weren't able to solve this for you, I am going to suggest reaching out to our CS Team. 

They can take a look further into the account and even file a ticket with our engineers, if needed. 

Use this number to reach out to them directly: 1-855-700-6000.

Thank you!

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 21 of 38