x

Printer Sometimes Prints Ticket Number and Sometimes Not - What's Up With That?

I have my star printer connected and configured correctly to work with my iPad, BUT the printer sometimes prints a ticket number and sometimes it doesn't.  What's up with that?  It is very difficult to keep with with the sequence of our food truck orders when the ticket printer does not print a ticket number for the orders!  Need advice asap!  Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @BettysFoodTruck, thanks for flagging this and sorry for the trouble.

That does sound strange. To get started, can you give these troubleshooting tips a run-through: Printer Troubleshooting? Those usually resolve these kinds of glitchy issues right away. If not, can you take down the exact amount and time related to an impacted payment and send it over to our Customer Success team? In addition, please include the make/model of your printer. With that information, they'll be able to see if there's anything going on behind the scenes.

We definitely want to make sure things keep moving smoothly for you—please let us know if anything else comes up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4

I have run through the printer troubleshooting items.  There's no rhyme or reason (other than the software making errors) why it usually prints ticket number, but sometime not.   

Regarding the "impacted sales amount time & date", what's this got to do with anything?  Do you really think I'm going to stop taking orders each time this happens so I can record the time & date of of the printer malfunction?  Ha ha ha... not going to happen!

This sounds like a Square software glitch that should be fixed!

Thank you,

Ed Newbold

Message 3 of 4

I'll provide you with the Printer number later when I get home.

Thanks,

Ed

Message 4 of 4