x

iPad 2 iOS 9.3.5 recurring unsynched transactions

Hey Guys,

Anybody else having issues with unsynched transactions? I've been experiencing this recurring problem.

• Random transactions do not sync to the cloud (average of 3-5 transactions per week)
  • There seems to be a glitch since the transactions in question, the buttons cannot be tapped "Issue Receipt" and "Issue Refund"
  • And as expected, these transactions cannot be found on the web portal
  • I cannot logout from the square account in iPad because it's telling me there are items not synched
  • WIFI connection is ok
  • Tried rebooting the iPad, reset the iPad (erase all content), and reinstalling the App, but the problem recurs after a couple of days on new transactions

iPad 2 (iOS 9.3.5) with the latest Square POS app installed

At this point, I'm guessing there's a compatibility issue with iOS 9.3.5 and the latest Square POS app updates because this only started last September. Prior to that no issues at all.

I also use Square on an Android 4.2 Kitkat but I'm not experiencing any of this.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hello @Weigner, welcome to the seller community and thanks for flagging this.

It sounds like you've covered all of the general troubleshooting that should resolve an issue like this right away — apologies for the frustration.

Square Register is compatible with iOS 8 or higher, so we'll need to have a closer look at an example payment that's encountering this issue.

Please send the amount and date of a payment that is not showing up properly to our Support Team directly. Once they have that information, they'll be able to help get this sorted out as soon as possible.

Thank you again for taking the time to reach out!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2