x

How to change the title of the invoice?

The invoice layout has changed since I generated invoices last month. Now all the invoices say "New Invoice" on top. Where can I change this to simply "Invoice"? 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Alumni

Hi @PaulaJ, "New Invoice" is the default language on the top of new invoices and cannot be changed at this time. But I'll take down your request to pass along to our product liaison team.

To edit other parts of the Invoice, go to the Invoices section of your dashboard (http://squ.re/1Jo5Yjo), click the intended invoice, and click edit.

Message 2 of 13

Why can't OVERDUE invoices show that they are OVERDUE? You use to have it this way. Now it shows "New Invoice" regardless of it being new or overdue. This makes it hard for customers receiving invoices that are actually overdue!

Message 3 of 13
Admin

Hey @BluMonkey, thanks for circling back on this and sorry to hear about the trouble. I can definitely see how this would make sorting through your invoices cumbersome.

I just checked on this and overdue invoices should still show as "Overdue" if you view them from your Invoices tab online.

It sounds like something might be getting stuck on your web browser. I'd recommend that you try these troubleshooting tips. If that doesn't clear things up, please contact our Support Team and we'll have a closer look at what's going on in your account.

Hope this helps clear things up! Please let me know how it goes.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 13

Hi George - is a fix for this upcoming?  It seems like it's been a year - and it would be great to be able to create a proper title for invoices.  I would be grateful for an update as to when this glitch will be remedied.  Thank you, Owen

Message 5 of 13
Admin

Hi @ArthurDent, thanks for checking in. The ability to change the title of an invoice for a completed payment is still not available at this time. We are continuing to track this request, though we don't have a timeline for when it will be addressed.

Sorry for any inconvenience that this is causing. Keep in touch as we'll definitly update this thread as we learn of any developments.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 6 of 13

Hi Tom. Thanks for the reply. I'm actually referring to the title on the invoice itself -  where it says "new invoice" up at the top.  I'd like to be able to name it rather than have the generic "new invoice". Does that make sense. It's not about how it looks to me in the system, but about how it looks to the customer who receives it. 

Thank you
Message 7 of 13
Admin

Thanks for circling back, @ArthurDent. I think I see what you mean — it says "New Invoice" in the email subject line as well as in the heading of the emailed invoice itself.

There isn't a way to change this default setting at this time, but I will be sure to share your post with our Product Liaison team. I can certainly see how having the ability to have more control over this would benefit many sellers. We appreciate your patience as we continue to make improvements!

️ Tom | he/him
Message 8 of 13

A simple "Invoice" would be much better than "New Invoice."  

This is not about providing us (sellers) with the ability to change the title, this is about Square fixing it to "Invoice".

Message 9 of 13

Hey @profG, I will make sure to share your feedback with the product team regarding this. We still do not have a time line on this feature request. If anything changes @Tom and I will make sure to update the thread.

Message 10 of 13

Oh good grief!  This is text in a file somewhere!  Surely your developers can change text from "New Invoice" to "Invoice".  Rediculous to arbitrarily qualify an invoice as "New" when it may not be.  Stop being silly and fix it.  Should take any developer 60 secods to do this.

Message 11 of 13

Hey @emanservices, currently this feature request is not on our road map. Although there are 5 people asking for this change we do not have a timeline for when it might be available. 

If anything changes we will make sure to update this thread. 

Message 12 of 13

This should be a very simple fix.  The fact that many customers are asking for it is enough to warrant putting in the small amount of work to just simply resolving the problem.  Many more people will be annoyed by this than bother taking the time to write in. Why will you not just fix it?

Message 13 of 13