x

Feauture request for Payroll: Multiple direct deposit accounts

Feauture request for Payroll: Multiple direct deposit accounts

In all payroll services I've worked with before, it is quite easy to set up multiple direct deposit accounts per employee. I don't see this in Square Payroll. Is there something I'm missing? Specifically, I would like to be able to deposit a fixed amount to one account, and the remaining amount to another (a very common thing...).

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Payroll direct deposit

At this time an employee can only link one bank account to Payroll. I'll share your interest in linking multiple bank accounts with the Product Team

Employees can add either a checking or a savings account to Payroll. Before adding a savings account your employee may want to call their bank to check that there aren't any restrictions on their savings account, i.e. they should make sure it can be set up to receive a direct deposit.

Also keep in mind online-only accounts are not supported.

44 Comments
Beta Member

Can my employee use a savings account and/or multiple accounts for payroll?

Admin

At this time an employee can only link one bank account to Payroll. I'll share your interest in linking multiple bank accounts with the Product Team

Employees can add either a checking or a savings account to Payroll. Before adding a savings account your employee may want to call their bank to check that there aren't any restrictions on their savings account, i.e. they should make sure it can be set up to receive a direct deposit.

Also keep in mind online-only accounts are not supported.

Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Multiple Direct Deposits”

Thanks for your post @threebroscoffee. It's not possible to link multiple direct deposits bank accounts per employee with Square Payroll I'm afraid. I'll let the Payroll Team know that you're interested in the ability to do this. If this feature is available in future we'll update this thread! 

Hello,

My company is also interested in being able to allow emplyees to deposit into two different accounts via direct deposit. Any updates?

Alumni

Hey @cheyanne - No updates to share at this time, but the Payroll team is still accepting feedback so I'll pass on yours to them as well. We'll update this thread with any news as we hear of it.

My company is also interested in having multiple bank accounts for employee direct deposits. Thank you.

Most payroll services allow employees the option to split their pay into two accounts, like checking and savings, or an account at another bank.  Will that be added in the near future?

Hello @levassar, welcome to the Seller Community! 🎉

This is a feature request our Payroll Team is tracking. You're the first seller to request it in the community, so I've gone ahead and moved your thread to the feature request board. From here will collect feedback from other sellers requesting the same feature. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me. 

Any updates on this yet?

Hi is there a solution to this yet? This is and should be common place for anyone running a payroll service.