x

I have an ethernet printer set up to wifi network. we can not get our ipads to connect.

we purchased an ethernet printer for our ipads.  we connected it to the router but can not get the ipads to connect.  Both are on the same network.  we used our android phones and could get them to print.  Is anyone using iPads with ethernet kitchen printers or reciept printers?  How did you get them to connect.  In the square app in iPad it only gives the bluetooth option.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Hello @Boonedockers! This is an interesting problem.

There are only a few ethernet interface printers compatible with the iPad. Could you share the model number of the printer you're using? It should be labeled on the bottom of the printer. 

Lets get to the bottom of this together! 😃

Message 2 of 10

micro 742 printer.  brand new. 

Message 3 of 10

Its the printer that you recommend on your website.

Message 4 of 10

I see @Boonedockers. Our Support center has a great article on printer troubleshooting.

For this printer I recomend trying:

• Turn your devices Wi-Fi off and then on again.
  • Turn your device completely off and then back on.
  • Turn your receipt printer off and unplug all cables. Plug all cables back in and turn the receipt printer on.
  • Make sure the receipt printer is fully plugged in and a roll of paper is in the printer.
  • Turn your Wi-Fi router off and then on again. 
  • Ensure the Wi-Fi router is working and that your device is connected.
  • Ensure that the Ethernet Cable connecting the receipt printer to the Wi-Fi router is properly connected to the ethernet port on each device. 

These steps should get the device connected. If you continue to have trouble, contact Star Micronics’ technical support or your wireless router manufacturer for troubleshooting tips. 

Message 5 of 10

I want to add this comment to this issue because I hope it will help others.  We have had this problem CONSTANTLY with printers purchased from Square directly.  I am opening one final support ticket before we ditch Square altogether.  Everything worked beautifully in the beginning.  Now we can't even connect to our printers at all as of today.  It has caused chaos in our kitchen and we're on handwritten tickets at this point, completely defeating the purpose of using the Square system.  We have gone round and round with support to no avail, even implicating the very printers that square sold us and telling us to take it up with Star (printer manufacturer). 

This is the last straw.  There is no denying that there are huge connectivity issues. 

Message 6 of 10

Hello @Rowes, I'm sorry to hear about this. You should not have to connect or reboot your devices on a daily basis. Our Support Team will investigate and submit a ticket to our Engineering Team if needed. 

There could be a chance that the printers are having trouble talking to the iPad or the router. That's why we recommend contacting Star Micronics if none of the troubleshooting above works. I'm sure that our Support Team will find a solution for you. 

Please let me know if I can help with anything else. 

Message 7 of 10

Ticket submitted on Sunday with no response now on Wednesday. Square was so good until about 5 or 6 months ago and now it is a burden I need to shed. Shame, really. 

Message 8 of 10

We have a similar problem where the Square application loses connectivity to our kitchen printer.   We confirm the printer is connected to the network - we can ping it from other points in the network.  iPad and printer are on the same network - one has a .5 IP the other has .7 IP.   The network is working. Something is amiss within the Square application.  

Message 9 of 10
Admin

I'm very sorry for the trouble @BlendCoffeeBar. If you've completed the troubleshooting steps above you can also contact our Support team. They'll be able to help you further, and they can also escalate this to our engineers if needed.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 10