x

Connection Error?

I am trying to use the square app  on my iPhone which I've done many times in the past, but each time I try to login I get the following message: 'Connection error. Cannot connect to internet'

My phone is connected - I'm on this message board, after all - but I've turned wifi off and tried using data, turned data off and tried using wifi, restarted the app, restarted the phone, deleted the app and reinstalled it, and still get the same message.

i can login perfectly fine through the web browser version.

I'm doing an 11 day market tomorrow and don't know what to do if the app is not functioning. Any help would br appreciated. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Super Seller

I would try restarting your phone first.

then if that doesn't work delete the app, restart your phone, then redownload the app.

Message 2 of 15

Thanks for your help. As indicated in my original message, I've already done both of those things plus several other common troubleshooting methods. 

Message 3 of 15
Super Seller Alumni

Couple of Suggestions for you.  Double tap home button and turn off all apps. Turn on Airplane mode.  This shuts off all radios and works as a reset.  Go to Settings/Point of Sale and make sure Cell Data is turned on. Make sure you have the latest iOS.   What iPhone are you using?  Otherwise it sounds like you have done everything else.   Very strange.

Message 4 of 15

Thank you so much for your suggestions! It actually turned out to be a problem with connectivity in my area and timing out on the login screen. Not sure what I did exactly but something you suggested worked because it logged me in soon after. 🙂 Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question!

Message 5 of 15
Super Seller

sorry, I just saw the question and was answering on my phone at break.  I'm stumped if these steps didn't work.

Message 6 of 15

No problem, I really appreciate you taking the time to offer suggestions to help! 🙂

Message 7 of 15
Alumni

@Saff - Ah, I just saw this - so sorry to hear you've been having trouble! I hope you were able to get it resolved before yesterday, but on the off chance you didn't, I went ahead and escalated this to our Support team for further troubleshooting. They will be reaching out to you via email to ensure everything is sorted out. 

Message 8 of 15

Thanks very much - I was able to get it working again. Sorry for the delay in responding, I didn't realize there were responses to my question here. 🙂

Message 9 of 15

I am having the exact same problem. Not great timing either.

Message 10 of 15

Happened to our salon for the past month. It is a system error they are having, I have been on the phone non stop with the support teams for appointments and with the P.O.S manager Wendy.

Because the enginieers did not fully test out the new upgrade, that combines both Point of sale and appointments. It has created a huge malfunction for anyone to sync and connect their accounts.

I have gotten the run around for about a month until support team member Mannie finally told me that they were having severe issues with this. 
To be honest with you, sign up with a different appointments program. That's what we had to do.

Also to add in, our security was breached during this upgrade. Meaning that independent contractors were able to log in and view our business account by a simple click. Despite them having their own accounts, the appointments app had linked their money into our bank accounts. Which is illegal.

None the less, please save your self some time if you haven't figured it out yet and find another appointments application. You will continue to have issues until the engineers fix all  of the bugs.

Message 11 of 15

😕

Message 12 of 15

hi @Entourage - I'm really sorry to hear of the problems you've been having. While our issues are similar, I was able to resolve mine by altering the connection settings in my wifi / data panel. I don't think this will remedy your situation but I hope that you get things straightened out and don't have to switch providers.

Message 13 of 15

Hi @DeannaC - my issue ended up bein a connection problem and timing out on the login screen. Try making sure that your cellular data is enabled for Point of Sale in your apps. That might help.

Message 14 of 15

Hi Saff,

I ended up deleting and reloading the app 2x before I could click on the icon and have it take me to my account. Very strange.  

Message 15 of 15