x
Alumni

Getting to Know the Seller Community Through Data

Let’s start out with a few firsts!

When Seller Community was launched in 2016, we had a small, but mighty group of members. Here are some of the original cohort who are still active today:

@AirPlay

@alexandriak

@Amyrev

@archer

@brju2013

@Capa2015

@CashsCleaners

@deeperhealth

@FGSF

@Gina1

@GreenRoom123

@Habitue

@HeyItsMuff

@jddaigle

@jkleffner

@joeyjaaii

@MichaelW

@oregoncrepe

@Ron

@rpfarmer

@ryanwanner

@Stellar732

@The_White_Hart

@TheSavvyDog

@Whit

Since then, the Seller Community has grown substantially. Let’s see what you all have been up to!

Since March of last year, the Seller Community has seen 10,591 new posts. I want to take a moment to thank our team of moderators who read through EVERY post and try to find an answer for you in a timely manner. Major kudos to our moderators. 🖐️ We also have help from some incredible Super Sellers who have answered an impressive number of questions too! 

Product Updates are definitely some of the favorite community posts. Here are some of the top viewed articles:

Process recurring payments with Card on File

New in Customer Directory: View, filter, and export more customer information

Instant Deposit: Which Cards are Supported?

We’ve seen the need for more product information and education and started hosting live Q&A’s. So far, we’ve covered Invoices and Square Register. We have a live Q&A on Employee Management coming up this Thursday. Our content team has also started hosting live “Getting Started with Square” webinars. Check out previous recordings here.

You all are quite a curious bunch too. Here are top search terms:

Capital/Square Capital

Bitcoin

Refund

Finally, we’ve had over 14,049 kudos given and 897 solutions accepted since March 2017. We can’t wait to see that grow even more!

What would you like to know about the Seller Community? Anything that has struck you since joining?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Thanks for the tag!

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 2 of 6

The Seller Community has been a great resource for me, both for answers and to just feel like I have some companions in this crazy business road we're all traveling down. 🙂

I would like to point out that with longevity can come some confusion however, what with the older posts that start to build up and which may contain outdated or no longer relevant information.

It would be nice if threads beyond a certain age became cleaned up in some way. Perhaps pruned of all but the most relevant information and replies. Or they could just be locked after a certain point. Or maybe deleted entirely and their content used as the template for new entries in the F.A.Q. (my preferred solution, though I understand some people like to keep everything around forever).

Thanks for everyone's help!

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Thanks @DaoDeJing! This is really great feedback and something we should definitely consider. We try to update older threads, but archiving or somehow indicating information is older would be 👌 for sellers. 

Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

I didn't join until may 11, I'm not even sure how I stumbled upon this forum, maybe a google search and it turned up.  

I agree with @DaoDeJing, some of the old threads get brought back to life and cause confusion.  I know there has been some threads retired but a lot of the threads get very confusing with multiple conversations going on in them and answers sometimes in the middle of the threads etc.  there has never been a perfect answer on any forum I've been part of for the last 30 years (going back to BBSes).

there are so many topics that are covered 50 times also, like 2018 fees or whatever that could be combined into a thread.  sometimes there will be 3 of those threads on the last 15 commented on threads.  

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

🙌

Thanks also for this feedback, @VanKalkerFarms! How ideally would you want to threads to be archived? Would you want everything to be archived or just certain posts with no activity? That would be really helpful as we're discussing this possibility. 

Message 6 of 6