x

Can I create a payment link to be used for someone to sign up for an event similar to Eventbrite?

I host workshops and would like to use Square for people to pay in advance rather than Eventbrite. Is there a way to provide a link to Square so the amount is there and they can just pay? I don't want to mess with invoicing or swiping cards (getting them to pay ahead of time makes them more likely to actually show and lets me know if the event "makes" or not). 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Alumni

Hi @JamiesNotes - You can create Events within our free Online Store feature. Once created, you can send your customers the URL and they'll be able to purchase an electronic ticket. 

Or can use Square Online Checkout links which allow you to sell specific items online without having an online store yet.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 12

Hi there! I'm back to working on this and when I try to set up my online store, it forces me into Weebly. I would rather use WooCommerce because all of my other stuff is WordPress. But when I click on it, it gives me a blank looking box. Any ideas? 

Message 3 of 12
Admin

Hey @JamiesNotes! To get integrate with WooCommerce you'll need to go to the Apps section of your Square Dashboard instead of the Online Store section. (It's a bit counterintuitive, sorry!)

Fromthe Apps section use the Categories filter at the top of the screen to view all eCommerce partners and then click Get Started under the WooCommerce to - well, to get started!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 12

Thanks @Helen! This is really frustrating me. I was told I could just add items to my inventory without setting up a store. But I want the ability to add discount codes and sell only a limited number per event. Do I have to set up an online store for it to be selling tickets?

Message 5 of 12
Admin

Hi again @JamiesNotes!

Hmm, there might have been some confusion about Square Invoices - where you don't have an online store but you send a new invoice to each customer and they pay online using a link; and Square's eCommerce options - where do you have an online store and you direct customers to your store/the specific workshop to buy tickets. I'm sorry that this wasn't made clear before. 😞

If we have a solution where you can share a payment link without an Invoice or an online store we'll definitely announce it — it's a popular request! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 12

@Helen I'm not talking about invoices. I use those all the time. I want to be able to share a link in an event and have people purchase tickets so that it's processed through Square instead of Eventbrite. I use WordPress for all my sites so it makes sense to use WooCommerce. Or does it matter? Is there a way to integrate Square with my website since I use WordPress? Sorry to be a pain, I am just beyond frustrated with this! 

Message 7 of 12

And can I use WooCommerce for tickets or do I have to use one of the other apps? 

Message 8 of 12
Admin

No worries! Yes Square can be used as your payment processor for your WooCommerce site and it looks like WooCommerce does have some ticket/event features. I'm adding @Woo_Phil (from WooCommerce) here — can you point@JamiesNotes in the right direction to sell fixed price tickets to a workshop with WooCommerce? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 9 of 12

Thank you @Helen! @Woo_Phil I actually don't currently use woocommerce but prefer WordPress over Weebly. Is woocommerce the app I should be using to sell tickets to events? 

Message 10 of 12

Got it sorted out! I might create separate tickets for the discounted ones so I don't have the wrong people buying the discounted ones. Is there a way to let them put in a coupon code instead?

https://squareup.com/store/jamies-notebook

Message 11 of 12
Partner

Yes, you can use WooCommerce to sell tickets on your website. If you do decide to use WooCommerce, then you'll want to install the WooCommerce Square plugin on your site.

https://woocommerce.com/products/square/

Message 12 of 12