x

Invoices: Is it possible to change from Shipping address to Billing address?

Hi all,  I am new to square and have one question.   We do not ship anything, we have a resort and I need to invoice my guests before they arrive.  So, the word 'shipping' is confusing to them and I would like to change it to 'billing' if that's possible.  Does anyone know who could assist with this? 

Thanks in advance,

Iris

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @Iris_Jones, welcome to Square!

Are you planning to send guests a printed version of their invoice by email? Square Invoices are a bit different in that they are designed to be sent by email and paid online. So your guest will receive an email where they click Pay Invoice, and they are automatically prompted to enter their billing information online. 

If you're using the request shipping address option as a workaround and it works for you that's A-OK! I'm afraid there isn't a way to change 'shipping' to 'billing' at this time. You could add a note to the Message field when sending an Invoice in the meantime.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

Thank you, Helen, I am aware of how the invoicing with square works.  I have been in touch with the square peeps and they told me that the wording "shipping address" cannot be changed to "billing address" just yet.  I am hoping for some adjustments to be made. If not, not too big a deal, but it would be nice

Message 3 of 4
Admin

The Square peeps are correct, it's not possible to change 'shipping' to 'billing' on Square Invoices at thie time. If this request does becomes a feature we'll update this thread to let you know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4