HTTPS Encryption / SSL Option for all Packages - SEO Best Practice

Now that Chrome has been updated to basically shame websites that are not secured, it would be good to have the option to purchase and enable HTTPS/SSL for any paid site since this is a best practice for SEO. I saw in another community post that there are no plans at this time to make this option available for anything below the Business package but I hope that is reconsidered if there is enough user support. Weebly is a great platform and keeps getting better, but it would be unfortunate to have to accept that using Weebly means that you will not be able to adhere to certain SEO best practices.

For reference, here is the post from the Google Webmaster Central Blog back in 2014: HTTPS as a ranking signal

• best practices
  • SEO
  • SSL
  • best practices
  • SEO
  • SSL
Comments

This is something we're working on, althought I'm going to mark this as a duplicate so we can keep all kudos going to a single post:

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Vote-on-Features/SSL-Certificate/idc-p/62084

Status changed to: We're Working on It.

Status changed to: Duplicate

I'm pretty sure at this point anyone who purchases something online would rather know that there is SSL.Can you please make this an option in the future?

I really wanted to buy a basic plan with an option to add the SSL and that wasn't an option. So I relunctantly purchased a Pro plan. Now I'm learning that there are a number of limitations to what I can do with my Weebly site and I'm kind of bummed about the bigger investment in a site that can't do everything that I want it to ( or maybe I haven't found an app/widget yet?). Don't get me wrong, I loved how easy it was to build a site, I just have a few things on my wish list that if I can't  get will prevent me from renewing. 

Other apps and upgrades on my wish list

1. Store locator search - by city of zip with a map of the world and all the locations

2. More ability to overlay text on an image

3. Contact page with editable options like sign up for the newsletter, ask for a quote, schedlule an appointment, etc.

4. Language converter - for people who want to translate the site into other languages

5. Ability to add graphics to apps ( like on the contact us or sign up for our newsletter it would be nice to see an image or graphic)

6. More design elements for horozontal and vertical spacers

7. A Team profile app that works ( I could change text but it wouldn't allow me to add a picture)

I just built the site so I'm sure as I get into it there will be more on my list

Thanks

www.MiracleManifestationGroups.com

I too am in the same boat and have a website with Weebly and need to update this to SSL to help improve security and SEO, etc. I actually bought an SLL certificate from a 3rd party (was only a small fee) and assumed that Weebly would accept this, give that their web building tools are very good.

Can you please allow 3rd party SSL certificates or supply them on all packages at a fair cost. Note, that their are many types of SSL certicates which impact cost so choice is going to be a big factor.

I'll carry on using Weebly for a few months, but if they don't sort this SSL problem out then I'll have to look at moving my hosting elsewhere Smiley Sad

Hey there! This post was archived due to age and low vote count. If it’s still something you’d like to see, however, you’re free to repost it in the future.

Announcements
Here are some important announcements.
Top Kudoed Authors