x

Item Import Template does not download

When I try to download the item template to import my items from a different system, we gewt an error.

Help

Jim

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 21
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Can anyone send me the item template csv file?

Apologies for the delay in follow up, I was out sick. 😕  Once I escalated this issue to our engineers, they were able to get it sorted out. So sorry for the inconvenience this caused! As always, feel free to comment with any follow up quesiton - I'm happy to help.

20 REPLIES 20

Same. Error is:

invalid field "price" for object 6ff6ffd2-5fda-4bc4-a1cb-3fa6c2b2d424: Variation has FIXED_PRICING, but no price
Message 2 of 21

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me out.  The item import tool doesnt download for me, can someone email it to me at [personal information redacted]?

I need to bulk upload many items today!

Message 3 of 21

Sure would to start loading my inventory in square, but the csv file will not download.

Can some one send me a copy of this file?

Message 4 of 21

Mine will not download either. I recently switched from PayPal specifically for this feature. Please resolve.

Message 5 of 21
Square

@Freedo1 - I moved your comment to this thread, as it sounds like a similar issue. I added your account to the case that I reported to our Engineering Team. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 6 of 21
Square

Apologies for the delay in follow up, I was out sick. 😕  Once I escalated this issue to our engineers, they were able to get it sorted out. So sorry for the inconvenience this caused! As always, feel free to comment with any follow up quesiton - I'm happy to help.

Sean
he/him/his
Message 7 of 21

I have some items in my library, but want to add more.  When I click on import, I don't get the template.  I have tried everything I can think of.  I have many more to add and don't want to do them by hand.  Please advise.

Message 8 of 21
Square

@nanc512 - You should be able to locate the template by using the "Export" option. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 9 of 21

When I click export, I get a csv file of my catalog.   I imported items when I first started adding to my register and it worked.  I am not sure what it is wrong, probably user error.  ha ha

Message 10 of 21
Square

@nanc512 - It's on us. We're currently experiencing some issues with our Import/Export tool. You can just edit the exported file, edit it, and then import it. It will update your item library. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 11 of 21

I tried that and it was a mess, the fields aren't the same, I had one sku per item and it inputted the same sku twice, I had to delete both.   I was hoping this would work for me for all my shows, local sales, etc....   I am not sure it is the right choice.   I am having too much trouble trying to streamline getting my items added.  Very disappointing.

Message 12 of 21
Square

@nanc512 - So sorry to hear my suggestion isn't working for you. 😕  I did try to replicate what you described by taking a peek at your Export .CSV, but I'm having a hard time seeing the issue. Would you mind sharing more details? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 13 of 21

I did an export and deleted the items, left the headers in place, added my new items to the sheet.  I just tried it again.   I named the file itemsbulk-template, because I found out that was the template name.  This time it tells me there is 1 error in my document, but it doesn't tell me what it is.

Message 14 of 21
Square

@nanc512 - Is it possible that you may have changed or deleted a column/column title? It's extremely "delicate."

Sean
he/him/his
Message 15 of 21

The template won't download, so I don't know for sure.  Is it the same format as the export or the items bulk template?

Message 16 of 21
Square

@nanc512 - The template is the same as the Items export. If you'd like, you can give us a call and have a supporter help troubleshoot. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 17 of 21
Square

@pellet_dude - I wasn't able to replicate this issue using your account. Would you mind resetting your browser? You can also check out these troubleshooting steps

@sprinklechallah - While I'm not seeing any issues with the "Import Items" tool, I was able to see an issue with the "Export Items" tool. Does that sound correct? I'll sync up with our Engineering Team, and then loop back with you when I have more details. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 18 of 21

Hi,

I cleared my cache and checked my cookie settings. I also tried in addition to chrome: firefox and explorer. All give me errors.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Message 19 of 21
Square

@sprinklechallah - I've already reported your issue to our Engineering Team. 😉  I'll let you know when I hear back! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 20 of 21
Square

@frankBMC - It sounds like you may also be experiencing the same/similar issue as these other sellers. I went ahead an moved your comment here and added your account to the ticket that I sent over to engineering.

Sean
he/him/his
Message 21 of 21