x

Is there a report with cust name, amt paid, fees pd, amt deposited, date of trans, /wk, /mo?

I want a report that shows customer name, amount they paid, the fees square collects, the amount that was deposited in my account, the date of the transaction - all on a per day, per week & per month basis (of my choosing), with the added ability to get historical data (ie., I need this detail information for all of Jan 2016). On ONE report! Not aggregated. 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 20
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @AimeeAndGreg. I can provide some clarification. 

The column in the Item Details CSV labeled "Customer Name" actually pulls its data from the Customer Directory. To have it show up on the Item Details CSV, you will need to create a customer profile and add them to the sale. We have a great thread on how to add a customer to a sale after the fact . This could be helpful since it sounds like you're looking for data regarding previous sales. 

The customer will then appear on the CSV and your directory. @nancyfriedberg might not have any secrets to share, but maybe some tips? 😀

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Square

This definitely sounds like it would be an incredibly useful report to have. As you mentioned, while this data is available (as long as your using your customer directory), we don't have it complied in one single report. I'll be sure to share your thoughts with our product liaison team! 

On a side note, while I'm not accounting wizard, I imagine that if you were to use an accounting software, it would probably be able to help organize a report in this manner. 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 20

i need this exact thing as well.   Did you find out HOW to do it?

Message 3 of 20

okay....I called and got....

go to dashboard... go to sales...  go to deposits   and all the information is there....as long as you put the customer name, etc in at the get-go.

good luck.

Message 4 of 20
Square

@nancyfriedberg - Thanks for looping back and sharing! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 5 of 20

a secret is a lie

Message 6 of 20

OK, so how do we do it?

When we do a transaction report, the CSV output file contains 37 columns, include one for "Customer Name."  However, the Customer Name field is blank for every transaction.  
Same with the items report.  There are 24 columns, but the "Customer Name" field is blank for all.  
But, when I look at each specific sale one-at-a-time, the customer name is visible there.  In general we swipe the card for each transaction, so the customer's name is read off the card by the card reader and the Square software.
Why doesn't the customer name data appear on our CSV output files?   We really need an easy way to get a transaction report that includes the customer name data for each transaction.  The column is there.  Where is the data?

Message 7 of 20

Best Answer

Hello @AimeeAndGreg. I can provide some clarification. 

The column in the Item Details CSV labeled "Customer Name" actually pulls its data from the Customer Directory. To have it show up on the Item Details CSV, you will need to create a customer profile and add them to the sale. We have a great thread on how to add a customer to a sale after the fact . This could be helpful since it sounds like you're looking for data regarding previous sales. 

The customer will then appear on the CSV and your directory. @nancyfriedberg might not have any secrets to share, but maybe some tips? 😀

Message 8 of 20

Chad:

So, I only have to do this once for each customer?  Once a customer is in the Customer Directory, that customer's name will appear on reports?  For past and FUTURE sales?  Thanks.

Message 9 of 20

@AimeeAndGreg, so once they are added to the directory they will be saved forever, or until you decide to remove them. 

For all future transactions just make sure to add the customers profile before you complete the transaction or afterwards. This practice will make sure all of your data populates for the report. 

For transactions you've already completed you can add the customer from your Square Dashboard and re-run the report for their name to show up!

Please let me know if you still need help! 

Message 10 of 20

We have the customers on the transactions (at the time of the sale) and they do NOT show up on any reports.  And Custom Reports is not really "custom" either.  Why doesn't the transactions detail show customer name when I can see it on a printed receipt, I can easily click on their name and it shows them in our Customers list?

Message 11 of 20

Every other accounting software I use (Quickbooks, Stripe, PayPal) automatically adds the customer. Why do you make us do it manually?

Message 12 of 20

How do I run a report for a specific category that also lists the clients name?

Message 13 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Amrob 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you join us here.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding detailed reporting with Customer names. Take a look at this Best Answer from Chad for more information. 

Feel free to reach back out if you have any clarifying questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 20

This is exactly what I am looking for, but there doesn't seem to be a sales or deposits button on the dashboard anymore. What would be the best way to generate a report now that has:  customer name, amount they paid, the fees square collects, the amount that was deposited in my account, the date of the transaction?

Thanks!

Message 15 of 20

I need to obtain a report that lists a set of customers that is in a group. This report should break down sales by each customer and summarize the total for that customer. Can this be done?

EXAMPLE:

NAME            DATE        ITEM       AMOUNT

NAME            DATE        ITEM       AMOUNT

--------------------------------------------------

NAME                                              TOTAL

NAME2            DATE        ITEM       AMOUNT

NAME2            DATE        ITEM       AMOUNT

--------------------------------------------------

NAME2                                              TOTAL

Message 16 of 20

Hi @Warp1Travel

I've moved your post over to this existing thread that sort of touches on the report you're mentioning with a workaround. 

While there's not a specific report that you can download by Customer Directory Group, you can download the sales reports and sort it by customer name. 

Check out the Best Answer in this thread and let me know if this works for you. 

Message 17 of 20

there should be a specific report for this as this is what anyone in business who is using square should want to know!

Message 18 of 20

Hi @lisascreations1,

It is certainly a great idea! 

Check out Sean's response above, he provided some insight. Also you can submit a request on our new ideate board . That is another great way our team can track feature requests. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with! 

Message 19 of 20

this is exactly what i need and seems to be a no brainer for this platform!!! how do we do it?

Message 20 of 20