x
Beta Member

Is there a limit to how many discount or promo codes I can create in my store?

I'm starting a subscription club for customers and I want to give members a discount in my online store and register. Is there a limit to how many promo codes I can create? Would I be able to create a unique code for each member?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hello. 

There isn't a set limit on how many discounts or promo codes you can create. You can create a promo code for each member, however you'd probably want to limit the number of uses to 1 so that they're not able to continually use the same code for multiple purchases. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Best Answer

Hello. 

There isn't a set limit on how many discounts or promo codes you can create. You can create a promo code for each member, however you'd probably want to limit the number of uses to 1 so that they're not able to continually use the same code for multiple purchases. 

Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Thank you!

Message 3 of 7

You're welcome and let me know if you need anything else!

Message 4 of 7

So if you put "Number of uses" to 1, multiple people will still be able to use the promo code but it will limit each customer instead of total number of uses?

Message 5 of 7

I am wanting to run a gift certificate special for Christmas but don't want people to stock up so to speak. Is there a way to limit the promo code to only being valid for one or maybe two purchases?

Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
Alumni

Hi @metamassage - I've moved your question here since it looks pretty similar to EJ's answer above. Let us know if you have any further questions!

Message 7 of 7