HTTPS Encryption / SSL Option for all Packages - SEO Best Practice

Now that Chrome has been updated to basically shame websites that are not secured, it would be good to have the option to purchase and enable HTTPS/SSL for any paid site since this is a best practice for SEO. I saw in another community post that there are no plans at this time to make this option available for anything below the Business package but I hope that is reconsidered if there is enough user support. Weebly is a great platform and keeps getting better, but it would be unfortunate to have to accept that using Weebly means that you will not be able to adhere to certain SEO best practices.

For reference, here is the post from the Google Webmaster Central Blog back in 2014: HTTPS as a ranking signal

• best practices
  • SEO
  • SSL
  • best practices
  • SEO
  • SSL
Comments

It is clear that many many people do not need business plan features, and they and I are not going to make an upgrade only for SSL certification. I love Weebly and it is a must the Board consider a solution for the others plans (pro and starter), as having a SSL certification now is not optional, is an obligation Google is giving. Before taking out any weebly plan people from now on will search for the SSL feature. We need to have an option to activate the SSL certification before future plans renovations. 

Thank you for the attention. 

I like to have Weebly than Wix and Wordpress because It's easy but there's no SSL for my Website.

BF

I agree totally concerning the HTTPS issues and would like to add that Presently if you have the Extension "HTTPS Everywhere" enabled in your browser, there is a good chance you can't open your site in EDIT mode.  That defeats all customers efforts to keep their equipment and files safe.  Come on guys - let's get something done with this issue.

Announcements
Here are some important announcements.
Top Kudoed Authors