HTTPS Encryption / SSL Option for all Packages - SEO Best Practice

Now that Chrome has been updated to basically shame websites that are not secured, it would be good to have the option to purchase and enable HTTPS/SSL for any paid site since this is a best practice for SEO. I saw in another community post that there are no plans at this time to make this option available for anything below the Business package but I hope that is reconsidered if there is enough user support. Weebly is a great platform and keeps getting better, but it would be unfortunate to have to accept that using Weebly means that you will not be able to adhere to certain SEO best practices.

For reference, here is the post from the Google Webmaster Central Blog back in 2014: HTTPS as a ranking signal

• best practices
  • SEO
  • SSL
Comments

It would be fantastic to have SSL certificates available on Pro websites without having to upgrade to the Business platform. Sensetive information can be shared through contact forms and what with Google looking more favouribly on secure https websites it would be a good option to have on those sites that are not ecommerce.

@sara99679

Weebly is currently rolling out free SSL to all plans - in the Editor go to Settings>General and scroll down to SSL then click on the Enable button on the right side...

When I go here it asks me to upgrade my package to the Business version, before you used to be able to add it as an ad-on for $10.

Status changed to: New Idea

Hi @sara99679

We are still working on rolling out SSL to all of our platforms. Designer accounts are a work-in-progress but definitely on our radar. Thank you so much for your patience. Smiley Happy

" Weebly is currently rolling out free SSL to all plans - in the Editor go to Settings>General and scroll down to SSL then click on the Enable button on the right side..."
I have yet to see that SSL Enable button. Am I going to have to reinstall Weebly to get that? This is so woefully frustrating. Now potential customers are free to assume that I'm some internet criminal.

Announcements
Here are some important announcements.
Top Kudoed Authors