x

totals on tips for the month

Hey everyone!  I'm just wondering if someone could tell me how to find out how much each employee has made in tips each month (cash and credit transactions).  

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Hi

Cash tips would not be recorded but given directly (perhaps in a tip jar?).

As for tips on cards, you can see how much tip is added within any time frame you chose. But I don't know if you can see per employee since at my place we don't make use the employee feature.

To see the tips added on cards, go to report then customize using the little sliders on top of the page. It will open up a page where you can chose to customize even more (for example from 7 am until 12:15 pm on a specific day or probably for the whole month). Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 6
Admin

Well said, @ThierrLRC. 👍

To add a bit more information on employee-specific reporting: the Employee Management feature will indeed allow you to view sales and tips that each employee has made each month (or any span of time that you choose for that matter).

Find more details in this section of our Support Center: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5592

@superiorcoffee, hope these are useful resources! 😄

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 6

Thanks very much to both replys given!  Very helpful indeed.  Now for maybe the ultimate question.  If I have more than one employee working at the same register at the same time - both being given tips from card transactions - are they able to be BOTH logged into the register using each of their own pass codes?  The assumption of course should be made that they would split the tips at the end of their shift.

Message 4 of 6
Square

While they wouldn't logged in at the same time (e.g. having sales being attributed to two employees at once), both employees would be able to enter their passcode prior to each sale in order to receive credit. 

If you do need to split the tips evenly for a given shift, I'd follow @ThierrLRC's advice and run a report to see the total tips in a given time-frame, and distribute accordingly. Hope that helps! 

Message 5 of 6

Sounds good.  Thanks for all the help!

Message 6 of 6