HTTPS Encryption / SSL Option for all Packages - SEO Best Practice

Now that Chrome has been updated to basically shame websites that are not secured, it would be good to have the option to purchase and enable HTTPS/SSL for any paid site since this is a best practice for SEO. I saw in another community post that there are no plans at this time to make this option available for anything below the Business package but I hope that is reconsidered if there is enough user support. Weebly is a great platform and keeps getting better, but it would be unfortunate to have to accept that using Weebly means that you will not be able to adhere to certain SEO best practices.

For reference, here is the post from the Google Webmaster Central Blog back in 2014: HTTPS as a ranking signal

• best practices
  • SEO
  • SSL
Comments

SSL is also better for the SEO at Google, also if it's a normal website and not a E-commerce. 

Come on Weebly, you can do it!

I started using weebly because of the membership option for users, but THEN i found another system called GOPAYWALL which is 15 usd /month and does everything in their website. - ad new members to email, make payments through SSL pages with paypal and stripes and control which pages visitors are allowed to see. Anyway because some VISITORS wanted to see the HTTPS , then i got one for FREE and i have both pages, one can visit just the regular http:// or go to https:// which will show the LOCK and green bar. and it was free. Just google WEEBLY WEBSITE FREE SSL and you will find how to do it.

Warm regards

I'ts not the time anymore, to make spectacular workarounds, it's time to make it standard! Weebly, why don't you make a clear statement about encryption of all your sites?

And look, what your own words have been, back in 2014:

Every new website that adopts SSL helps contribute to a more educated and protected web community, which promotes the trust necessary for healthy eCommerce transactions. With SSL enabled on your site, store or blog, you will not only protect your visitors, you will also make them more likely to complete your desired interaction.

We hope this post helps shed more light on SSL and its application as a trust signal.

https://www.weebly.com/blog/ssl-certificate

We need a stand alone SSL certificate option for those of us who sell services and not products. Upgrading to the business plan is not worth it when we do not need all of the other features they offer. 

I don't understand why weebly does not react on this topic. Most of us need to update websites to ssl. Free SSL Services are already available and can be implemented easily with wordpress and others. Jimdo offers free ssl for all sites automatically!!! 

I don't want to change form weebly to any other service, but the ignorance of weebly is really anoying. 

What is Weebly going to do?

C'mon Weebly. If you're not gonna give us SSL in some of the cheaper plans, at least let us use free alternatives.

I am in the same situation as kvdweijden:

running several websites without a shop, therefore, no need for a shop system and the business account.

But I need SSL for my professional websites. Free SSL services became more and more standard.

When is Weebly going to provide us with ssl on a reasonable price? Jimdo is offering the services for free. I don't want to move all my websites to another provider, but in case weebly continuous ignoring customer requests, I have no other option.  

Status changed to: Archived

Announcements
Here are some important announcements.
Top Kudoed Authors