x

Nothing happens when customer hits "place order" button on online store

We have had several customers call us to let us know they were not able to place orders online. They mentioned nothing happened when they hit the "Place Order" button in the online store.

I tried it myself and had the same issue.

Is Square aware of this? Working on a patch?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @cgaillard, very sorry to hear about this. If you haven't had a chance already — please give these browser troubleshooting tips a try as they usually resolve any issues right away.

If you're still unable to get order to go through online after that, please give our Support Team a call and they'll have a closer look at your account right away.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

This is a major issue. We've had more customers tell us of this problem. And I cannot know how many have just given up on ordering from us. This needs to be resolved very quickly please. 

Message 2 of 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @cgaillard, very sorry to hear about this. If you haven't had a chance already — please give these browser troubleshooting tips a try as they usually resolve any issues right away.

If you're still unable to get order to go through online after that, please give our Support Team a call and they'll have a closer look at your account right away.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 7

This sort of boiler plate response is not very helpful.

Message 4 of 7

We have experienced the exact same issue with our online sales site with customers unable to complete the checkout process after entering all the necessary credit information. It is concerning that this problem is still arising after 6 years and there is no better solution than to tell them to use a different browser. If the sales sight will only work on specific browsers that should be indicated upfront. The whole reason we have converted to Square for online sales was to streamline the ordering process and to make purchases easier for our customers. If we have to trouble shoot every sale or customers decide to not make a purchase because of this, the value of Square is greatly diminished.

My call to Square support line lead to no explanation or solution for this intermittent problem which appears to be at the server level since there is no way the template allows for modification of the cart or order completion pages from our end. In both cases that I have dealt with, the customer was ultimately able to make the purchase on a later attempt but for both it took multiple tries with no alteration of information, browser, or procedure.

I am curious whether you ever received any resolution, are still experiencing the issue, or are even still using Square for online sales?

Message 5 of 7

We are also experiencing the same problem, and I don't see a common root cause. I just tell customers to use a different browser and hope for the best.

Message 6 of 7

Hey @ptl-plshouston

The root of this issue is usually the web browser the customer is using. I recommend checking out @Tom's browser troubleshooting tips! They usually resolve these issues immediately. 

If they persist, go ahead and give us a call! Our Support Team would be happy to help out. 😀

Message 7 of 7