x

Is it possible to use Square in the UK?

Hi there 

I live in the UK, is it possible to use Square/purchase the reader?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi everyone! We just launched our services in the UK! 🎉 For more information, head to our UK site or visit the UK Seller Community!

Thanks for your patience and happy to have you on board finally!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Square isn't available outside of the U.S., Japan, Canada and Australia currently but we are working our hardest to bring Square to every seller! If there are any updates, we will be sure to share those out! 

Message 2 of 11

Hi Kelly. Do you have an ETA for Square UK now? Techcrunch reported that you have signed up at UK companies house and are getting ready to treat merchants here to your great service.

Message 3 of 11
Square

@HeinzV1 - While I can't speak to any rumours out there, I'll be sure to share any updates with you if anything changes.  

Sean
he/him/his
Message 4 of 11

Hi there, we're about to launch our next publication in the UK, which means we'll be at conventions across most of Europe. Could we join oyur pilot scheme out here?

Message 5 of 11
Square

Hi @Yoms. While we don't currently offer credit card processing services in the UK, we'll be sure to update this thread in the future if that changes. Thanks for your interest, it's awesome that you thought of us. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 11
Square

Best Answer

Hi everyone! We just launched our services in the UK! 🎉 For more information, head to our UK site or visit the UK Seller Community!

Thanks for your patience and happy to have you on board finally!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 7 of 11

Any chance you'll be available in more European locations in the near future.  Personally thinking Sweden.

Message 8 of 11

IVE Just tried signing up a few times ,gave up as it keeps asking to verify my address in US not Uk LOL

Message 9 of 11

Is Square (in-person payments) available in the UK?

Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @grahamwest 👋Thanks for taking the time to reach out and join us here on the Seller Community!

Yes! Square does offer in-person payments and services in the U.K. as part of our International Availability. I've merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also curious about international availability.

Let us know if anything else comes up! Cheers!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 11