x

How do I locate my serial number for my square hardware?

I need to locate the serial number on my square device. I do not see it anywhere on the outside of the device. Is it stored somewhere with my account information.

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Look on Bottom of box, you should see s/n + numbers     s/n is serial #

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Best Answer

Look on Bottom of box, you should see s/n + numbers     s/n is serial #

Message 2 of 6

NO, it is NOT anywhere on the box or in the box!

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hello @BettsyFoodTruck.

To clarify the serial number is on the back of your Square contactless and chip reader. Turn the reader over and it's the last line of the grey text. You should see 'SN' and then the 16 character serial number.

It's printed in small text so you can take a picture of it with your phone and then zoom in on the image. If you're still having trouble locating it give our CS team a call

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 6

The title of this thread has been updated from "Sorry customer support"

How do you return a broken chip reader when it has 16 characters in the serial number and only allows to enter 14!!??

Message 5 of 6
Admin

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How to return chip reader when there are too many characters in serial number?

I'm sorry for the trouble @MW19. It sounds like you might have selected a different reader from the list of options:

If you haven't already, go back a step or return to beginning of the warranty form and make sure you check the box next to Square Contactless + Chip Card reader from the list of options:

If you need help returning or exchanging your reader you can also call our CS team directly.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 6