HTTPS Encryption / SSL Option for all Packages - SEO Best Practice

Now that Chrome has been updated to basically shame websites that are not secured, it would be good to have the option to purchase and enable HTTPS/SSL for any paid site since this is a best practice for SEO. I saw in another community post that there are no plans at this time to make this option available for anything below the Business package but I hope that is reconsidered if there is enough user support. Weebly is a great platform and keeps getting better, but it would be unfortunate to have to accept that using Weebly means that you will not be able to adhere to certain SEO best practices.

For reference, here is the post from the Google Webmaster Central Blog back in 2014: HTTPS as a ranking signal

• best practices
  • SEO
  • SSL
Comments

NURTFT, I did manage to contact Weebly on facebook and they assured me they were working on some type of solution for the SSL certificates several weeks ago and so far I have not heard anything about what exactly they are going to do about it. In the mean time, the few clicks and orders I was getting on my ads are now non existent because my viewers are leaving the sites as soon as they get there according to my Analytics reports.

LYB

+1 for leaving if this isn't addressed

So am I correct in assuming that WEEBLY doesn't offer to sell it's PRO Plan customers SSL?  I want to add it to my sites, but am concerned about purchasing it elsewhere and then trying to make it work on Weebly. 

Weebly really should at least have this as a purchasable option when setting up or for purchase later if you want to add it.  Come on Weebly...  show how stellar you can be!  Give us the option to have SSL through Weebly!

Deb

Where are we at with SSL certificates for Pro sites?

I'm getting complaints that our customers are getting security warnings and not following through with purchases. This needs to be fixed quickly or we'll have to move to a more response provider.

Or, HTTPS should be an inexpensive add on without having to use a business plan.

OK, Weebly management needs to RESPOND AND REACT to this SSL issue.  

You are going to have customers drop their entire account (like us and people who have a ton more sites than us) and move to platforms that do provide SSL, as an included feature with PRO plans.  Why are you not truly responding?  Your customers want to stay with you (and are literally begging you for help on this issue), yet you are ignoring the issue and your customers.  Why are you ignoring your customers on this issue?  The problem is noot going to go away.  Rather it will get worse.

Less time and effort needs to be spent with your Promote product and more attention paid to your core business, which put Weebly in the position it is in today.

@Adam you told us month ago that this was discussed and there was a solution coming up. But... The release note on the blog you've suggested doesn't say anything about ssl and my websites are still not upgraded with ssl certificates, nor it is possible to put some code in it to have an ssl certificate from another way...

Please... Help us out. We both don't want us users to move right?

Simply - Please include or sell SSL certification for Weebly plans for starter and pro plans. Our websites now look insecure when accessed on Chrome and presumably other browsers in the very near future. Thank you.

@PatLondon

One of the Moderators here has indicated that the SSL question is in progress at this point but had no time-frame....

I started to get customer complaints about security warnings on my site. If this isn't fixed soon I am absolutely taking my site elsewhere. I've loved weebly but this is either an immoral cash grab or just behind the times.

I'm a tiny freelance artist with no use for the entire business account.

Announcements
Here are some important announcements.
Top Kudoed Authors