x
Beta Member

My date format just changed to DD/MM/YYYY

How can I fix this? I used to be MM/DD/YYYY. I'm in the US, so that format is expected.

This is in the dashboard: https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/reports/sales-summary

Thanks.

Message 1 of 20
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Happy Friday! I just heard from our engineers that this issue should be resolved now. Give it a try and give us a thumbs up (or a like!) if it's working well for you. 👍

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

I agree.  THIS is very anoying.   not a problem YET.   but could .   My Gift Card REport is all mixed up with various date formats also.

anyone.... please help..

thanks,

MM

Message 2 of 20

Actually I WANT the Global date system notthe USA one but not sure how to get it.

Message 3 of 20
Super Seller

Message 4 of 20
Alumni

Apologies for the trouble here! Our engineering team confirmed this as a bug earlier this evening. I know they're working on a fix, but I don't have an exact timeline for you just yet. We'll check in with them first thing tomorrow, and update you with what we know. Appreciate your patience with us!

Message 5 of 20

You're making it so we can change to the world wide date system? or do you mean that you stop it changing without reason?

Message 6 of 20

Also, if you look at the left side of your dashboard, you'll see that the spelling has changed to "Support Centre"

Message 7 of 20
Alumni

Hey everyone - as of this morning, our engineers are still working on fixing this issue. In the meantime, we do have a workaround for you - if you use the browser Google Chrome, the dates should appear as expected in your dashboard. We'll make sure to update this thread again when this has been fixed. Thank you! 

Message 8 of 20
Alumni

Best Answer

Happy Friday! I just heard from our engineers that this issue should be resolved now. Give it a try and give us a thumbs up (or a like!) if it's working well for you. 👍

Message 9 of 20

@Kpay, I'm using Mozilla Firefox 60.0.2 64-bit on Ubuntu Linux 18.04 LTS, and my dates still show as DD/MM/YYYY. I can confirm that is is working correctly in Chrome 67.0.3396.62 beta.

Message 10 of 20

@Kpay, also, when trying to submit my immediate prior comment via the same Firefox session, I get a Permissions inquiry that Square Communities is requesting to read my merchant profile information. I click allow, and get a red bar at the top of the window, just below "Permissions", that says "An error has occurred. Please try again."

I was able to submit the last comment (and this comment) via Chrome. 

For the record, this was my first post to the forums, so it asked me to create a username. Perhaps it would work seamlessly the next time?

Message 11 of 20
Alumni

Hi @jeffzearfoss - We haven't heard of this issue for a while now! Bummer that you're experiencing it.

I suggest you give our CS team a call since this sounds account specific and we don't have that information in the community. One of our team should be able to get this sorted out for you. 

Message 12 of 20

My exported sales transactions are coming out as DD/MM/YYYY and need to be in MM/DD/YYYY format.  How can I make this change?

Message 13 of 20

Hey @jpidgen, are you using Google Chrome as your browser?

Message 14 of 20

How do I change to DD/MM/YYYY format not US?

Message 15 of 20
Square Community Moderator

@NZAC Check out the update in this thread. We were able to get the bug fixed, as the standard US format is what Square defaults to, however I can see why having the option between the two would be useful. 

I'll pass this request to our Engineering Team!

Message 16 of 20

It's 08/30/21  and I'm still having this issue.  How do I change the date format please?

Message 17 of 20

Hey @Joseph3,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Seller Community!

I don't believe you'd be affected by this bug in this case, as it was resolved a while ago. I'd like to try some troubleshooting steps with you to see what could be at cause here. 

Are you able to check your browser language settings, and OS settings to ensure both are set to US English rather and not UK English (or another country)? This is something to try if you're seeing an incorrect date format. 

Please let us know how you go 😊👍

Message 18 of 20

Changed browser language to 🇺🇸 as primary.  Never changed it to 🇬🇧 but that fixed it. Thank you!

Message 19 of 20

Glad to hear that's fixed it @Joseph3 😊 I've had this issue on my computer before too, but the other way around - being in Australia, and seeing the US date format instead. 

Please don't hesitate to reach back out to us with any other questions! 

Message 20 of 20