x

Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Is there a way 2 take partial payments 4 an invoice?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Little late with an update here, but wanted to make sure y'all know this is possible with Square Progress Invoices!

You can schedule multiple payments on a Square Invoice by following these steps 

Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Hi there, @LiaJmt - thanks for adding your voice here and checking in on this feature! Good to hear from you. Same to you, @BIONICONE - welcome! 

You may be looking specifically for our newly introduced Deposit Feature for Invoices. This will also allow you to create a single invoice to track multiple payments and reduce the amount of time you have to spend reconciling multiple payments (deposit, follow-up payments) to a single transaction or sale.

Let me know if this is what you're looking for! 

336 Comments

The ability to take partial payments on an invoice is essential for my business. I would like my clients to be able to "log on" to a private portal, where they can may partial payments towards an invoice AND edit their contact info (because square does a very poor job of managing contacts. This feature has been requested multiple times, for the last few years. I am always told that it is "in the works", however,  Square has FAILED to deliver. For this reason, I am looking to migrate to another payment processor.

Does anyone know of an easy way to EXPORT my clients' purchase history? I do not wish to export credit card info, just service dates/products purchased by my clients (for records). I have about 400 clients and 3 years worth of transactions, so how can I extract this in an efficient, organized manner?

Add another to the list of folks who want the ability to have a customer make (and the system to account for) partial payments and for US to be able to mark on the invoice a payment made outside of the app.

Example:

I invoice Jane $1000. Jane has $300 available on card and $200 cash. I invoice her for $1000, mark a CASH or OTHER box with her $200 payment, mark the invoice to allow Partial Payment, then she hands me card and I process her $300 payment. Receipt gets emailed to her were it shows her $500 payment to me with an outstanding balance of $500 on her invoice.

Funny that PayPal can do this.....

other than this, LOVE the app !!

Is paypal's pos bundle similar to Square in price and functionality? 

Admin

Hey @ptedeschi, @bellaimage, and @WolfsdenLLC — thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

While we do not have any immediate update on this request, rest assured that I'll be sharing your posts with our Product Liaison team and emphasize how important partial payments are for your business.

Please keep in touch as we'll certainly update this thread as soon as any developments are available.

2.7% swiped or 3.5% + $0.15 manually

paypal fees

Does anyone know a provider that allows one to have clients with running balances and accept partial payments on those balances 

I've been waiting for square to add this feature for a long time, suggested it way back 

I found and have tested this feature with PayPal and it works 

I'm moving all my efforts over there, done with square, 

also, when I accepted a payment for 9000 bucks, they wanted to freeze the funds for 90 days!!! 

Im out

PayPal does 👍🏻

I truly thought I was just missing something. But when I discovered there's no partial payment option, I honestly considered leaving square. It is a basic option offered by a large number of small companies. Very dissapointing. I'll hang in for awhile but this a surprisingly basic missing feature.

Square Community Moderator

@Jesse111 Thanks for hanging in there with us! I understand the disappointment, and I'll definitely let our Product Team know about your interest and business need for the partial payments feature. 

Hopefully this gains some momentum and we can get something implemented in future product updates.