x

I am dual citizen Canada & US. Need to set up for US where business is but I'm in Canada

Hey, I have both Canadian and American citizenship but I live in Canada. I'm trying to set up a square account for an American company (that is mostly an online company) but if I sign up on the square.com site it needs my physical address and I can't put a Canadian address and if I sign up on the square.ca site it also won't let me finish the process because (I can't exactly remember but I think it wouldn't accept the address of the company in the States).

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Put the address of the company that is in the united states, rather than your personal address.

Message 2 of 6

I did try that but then it needs my physical address for taxing information. Do I put the company address again?

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

While I have not done a multi-country business I would think the business address is what would be entered there as that is where taxes would be collected.

Message 4 of 6

Ok, we are using my Canadian bank account for things. Does that make a difference?

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @hrprince92

The Square account that you create will only be compatible in the country that you activated it in. 

So if you're creating a U.S. account, you'll need to be located in the U.S. during creation, and also have both a physical U.S. address along with a U.S. bank account. 

The best thing to do here is to have your business partners in the U.S. create the account using their U.S. information. 

Message 6 of 6