x

How long does it take to verify a new bank account?

[Personal Information Removed]

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

At most, the bank account verification can take up to five business days, but usually it's much faster! 

You read more about the process in our Support Center. Take a look and let me know if other questions come up.

Message 2 of 6

Spenser, if the app says that you're account is already verified, that means you can immediately receive payments?

Also, I accepted one payment at 11pm last night. A test payment from my own card in the amount of $1. While it was withdrawn from my account, I do not see a deposit notice. But, the app does show it as pending? With depending deposits, will they sometime appear on your online bank statements the night before or the day of deposit? I understand it can take 1-2 business days.

Finally, I accepted two more test payments from my father. Two payments of $5 each, testing both methods of inserting the card number and using the chip reader. While both payments went through (Thanks! You're all done!), the green "upcoming deposits" still only shows $1 from last evening. In that case, shall I expect the two new deposits to post on my Square Dashboard within the next day or so?

Thank you. I am simply trying to understand the patterns as this is very new to me. I have a show this weekend and hope everything runs smoothly. 

Message 3 of 6
Square

That's right, @Dillon1836; once your account has been verified, you will begin receiving deposits according to our Deposit Schedule .

When you see a upcoming deposit in your Dashboard, that will include all of your day's sales that were captured before our Close of Day. Any transactions after that close of day, will be included in your next deposit. 

Hope that helps! 

Message 4 of 6

Hello

ive changed my bank account and clicked the email to verify but my account is still depositing to an old account. How can I fix this?

Message 5 of 6

Hello @Tattoosandcomic, just for clarification did you change your bank account or the debit card on your account for instant deposit?

Message 6 of 6