x

How do I delete an old bank account and add a new one?

How do I delete an old bank account and add a new one?

Message 1 of 71
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Happy to help clarify. To get going, you can link and edit your bank account directly from your Square Dashboard. Once you have your new bank account verficiation started, if you want to remove the previous one - just give us a call when you're free. After verifying some additional security details, we can can remove that account and assure that no other deposits are sent to it. Please keep in mind our phone lines are open  Monday - Friday from 6AM - 6PM PT. 👍

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

i need to put my bank account how can i do this ???

Message 2 of 71
Square

Check out Sean's response above for help! 

Message 3 of 71

The reply does not address Deleting a Bank Account .  I can still find my old Bank Account listed.  The new one is also listed.  I want the old one out of here!

Message 4 of 71
Square

Best Answer

Happy to help clarify. To get going, you can link and edit your bank account directly from your Square Dashboard. Once you have your new bank account verficiation started, if you want to remove the previous one - just give us a call when you're free. After verifying some additional security details, we can can remove that account and assure that no other deposits are sent to it. Please keep in mind our phone lines are open  Monday - Friday from 6AM - 6PM PT. 👍

Sean
he/him/his
Message 5 of 71

We recently established a new banking account in our Square account that we would like to deposit new funds in but the account won't be available for deposits for about 5-7 business days.  Is there a way to delay the deposits until the new bank account is ready in Square's system?  

We do not want to deposit any other funds in the current bank account that we have on file.

Thank you!

Message 6 of 71
Square

Hi @RCSL — It looks like I help another seller with a similar question. Check out my response above. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 7 of 71

no, you actually didn't help another seller with a similar question

Message 8 of 71
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @sarahsue. Let us know if you are experiencing any issue. We are here to help! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 71

Hi, I have a bank account on my Square account. When going to the transfer link account pages both sections are blank meaning, no card or bank account is linked yet transaction payments from my site go to Square and then transfer to my bank account on file.I DONT WANT THE MONEY TO AUTOT TRANSFER TO MY BANK ACCOUNT A FEW DAYS LATER but it keeps happening. How do I stop the transfer when no transfer is set up. 

Message 10 of 71

Hi Sean and thanks for the direction to call you .  I have called and left my call back no. twice; apparently we are playing telephone tag.  Not a really big problem, yet, but there has to be a better way to get in touch than hope your "call back" will be at a time when I am available.  I am opening a vending cart location in about ten days.  Need to get this issue Squared away ASAP.  Please.  

Message 11 of 71
Square

@TamaleDan - If you've had a chance to request a callback, you'll definitely hear back. On Mondays things can get a little hectic for us (and callback timing has slipped a bit today). Appreciate your patience, and thanks for the follow up! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 12 of 71

Can i setup new account before deleting old account

Message 13 of 71

@Troypmall welcome to the Seller Community! When you link a new bank account we will send deposits to your current account, until the verification is complete. 

Once the verification is complete we will send deposits to your new bank account! 

If you have any other questions please let me know! 

Message 14 of 71

Hi Sean. Are you a real person or am I chatting with a vertual helper?

Message 15 of 71
Alumni

Hi @WilliamHulmes - All of our Square moderators are real live people 😀  It just looks like this thread hasn't been active for a while. 

Do you have a question we can help you with? 

Message 16 of 71

I need to delete the bank account linked to my square deposits. I do not have another account to replace the old one just yet - but still need it deleted. 

Message 17 of 71
Admin

Hey @Bdunn0403, thanks for checking in here.

It looks like some other sellers brought up a similar question in this thread: How do I delete an old bank account and add a new one? Have a look at Sean's reply and let us know if any other questions come up. Hope this gets you where you need to be.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 18 of 71

The post you keep referring to does not tell how to delete a bank account without adding a new one. How can you delete it without adding a new one? Do you have to call in all the time?

Message 19 of 71

@Frustrated3 to delete a bank account without adding a new one, you'll have to call our Customer Success team

Message 20 of 71

I need to add my new bank and take out the td that is in here now

Message 21 of 71