x

Is the Square Appointment app available on android devices?

Is the Square Appointment app available on android devices?

Just got and android device, wondering if square appointment app is compatible with it? Not seeing app I'm store.

Thank you in advance.

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Is the Square Appointment app available on android devices?

Hi everyone - I have some exciting news to share. We are now recruiting sellers for an early access Android app

Read more at Devon's post linked above.

159 Comments

Hi! Can you provide more info on who will have access to the Beta Appointment app or Android?

-Thanks 

Hello Devon, I'm James, a Square seller for 5 years. I had hope that you guys were aware of the need for this app. Finding this thread leaves me more than hopeful but rife with anticipation. That said. I would like the opportunity to "get my hands on" that beta release. Thank you for you consideration.

Square Community Moderator

Hi @PhillyJ and @squareforum

We don't have much information on where the Beta is at right now, and unfortunately we'd be limited to sharing much within these public forums in general. 

However, as Devon mentioned, our Seller Community usually gets first dibs, so the Appointments Team will reach out directly as soon as anything comes up. 

Keep an eye out!

Hello James your post states that you are "more than hopeful to find this thread"... I wouldn't be if I were you I've been on this thread for almost 2 years and we keep getting the same response from Square they're "working on it" & "really appreciate" our feedback.... I also was helpful when I first found this thread however as time has passed I realize they are not going to do it... For whatever reason I am uncertain but it does not take two years to do a very simple app! Anyway just sharing my thoughts; and if you read through the entire thread you'll see that it's been the same and Cory's and the same answers over and over!!! In fact I'm sure I will get a reply from someone at Square telling me that they appreciate my feedback and that they're working on it haha. 

I totally agree. Just switch to android and now it's so much harder to use the software 😯

I left square once before for this very reason. Even the free apps will work with Android. As much as I like square I am again considering going somewhere else as a result. Having an app for my android phone would be so much easier for me to run my biz and check out at the end of service. We have all been told an app is coming for years now. Why should I stay when I can choose say style seat and have an app on my phone? I am very frustrated about this issue. 

I'm posting so, I can be in the thread. When the beta version comes out

Thank you

Hope to get this soon. Need now for work. Having to use another device to receive work. Thank you for looking into this and getting this for Android users as soon as possible

Does Square Appointments have a contract with Apple? Is that why an Android app will never exist? 

Alumni

Nope! We do not have any sort of exclusivity agreement with Apple, and we do very much plan to bring Square Appointments to Android. I appreciate your continued patience!