x

iPad will not charge in Square stand

Our iPad will not charge in Square stand. This has been going on for months before iOS 11. So not related to that? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller Alumni

It is probably the power cable or power supply.  You can order a new cable accessory kit.

Message 2 of 11
Alumni

Hi @GGG - here are some general iPad troubleshooting tips from Apple just in case! 

Message 3 of 11

Is it blipping in and out? Charge for half second, the not charge, hen charge, then not charge?

Message 4 of 11
Alumni

This sounds like an issue with your power cord. @RHatch posted the link for new accessories above!

Message 5 of 11

Yeah I bought that power accessary (to replace another issue) and then I started having this same problem!

Junk products

Message 6 of 11
Admin

@sliceofitaleigh @RBL I'm sorry for the frustration this caused. These Square Stand troubleshooting tips typically resolve most issues but if you continue to experience charging issues please call our Support team so we can investigate. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 11
Beta Member

I have the old stand that stopped charging. If you would really like to investigate the problem with the hardware, I could send it to you?

Message 8 of 11
Alumni

Hi @RBL - If it's still under warranty, you can fill out the return form to send it back to us.

Message 9 of 11
Beta Member

I replaced the charging cables, but it didn't help... worked with iOS, that didn't help... Once I replaced the stand everything worked fine. If this stand breaks down again, I am going to use another service.  I like the Square software, but the hardware is too expensive, especially when you consider the cost of an iPad(s). Costco has a pretty good option.

Message 10 of 11
Super Seller Alumni

Note: you don't have to use the Square stand.  I just use an iPad on a heckler stand and an ethernet printer and drawer.  Works great no issues.

Message 11 of 11