x

Can I limit team permissions to a single location?

Hi,

I want to be able to have multiple locations. Each location would contain an independant set of inventory. Can I limit this inventory management (i.e. being able to add/update new items) to each employee based on a single location?  

I see the option to allow across all locations but this will not work for my particular situation.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Problem with mobile management is that they can select the location because they are logging in with an email/password.  I don't use that.  I provide my employees that are using their own device a device code .  This code is set by location.  Then they access the point of sale app with their 4 digit code.  This prevents them from accessing any other location.  All my permissions are set in the Shared point of sale section.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

Yes,  In your dashboard under employees, click the employee and you will see a field "location".  Select the location you want them to have access to.

Message 2 of 7

I have the employee assigned to only 1 location.  However, when I create a role I only have the ability to allow the employee to edit/manage inventory across all locations.  I tested by setting the employee location as the single location and adding the permission for mobile inventory management.  The employee had access to ALL inventory across every location.

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Problem with mobile management is that they can select the location because they are logging in with an email/password.  I don't use that.  I provide my employees that are using their own device a device code .  This code is set by location.  Then they access the point of sale app with their 4 digit code.  This prevents them from accessing any other location.  All my permissions are set in the Shared point of sale section.

Message 4 of 7

I see, that may work...is the Square Retail app only available on Apple at this time?

Appreciate your help!

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Yes at this time it is.

Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Multiple location question" The author has been notified via email.

I have multiple locations. I was wondering if there was a way to give access to one location without being able to see all of the others location information?

Message 7 of 7