x

How do I get a copy of W9?

The title of this thread has been updated from: "As a school, I need to secure a copy of Square W9 to get approval to set up the account. Where is it"

Where do I get square's W9 to give to the school accountant? A part of the school's process is to secure the W9 for each company from which we buy products or services.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @mg-ppsstaff

We don't typically provide our W9 to sellers since most sellers don't need them, but for schools and government institutions we handle these requests on a case by case basis. 

You'll want to reach out to our CS Team directly so they can gather some information and details from you, then they'll put you in contact with our Tax Team. 

Give our CS Team a call when you get a chance (or email in) and we'll get this process started for you. 

Message 2 of 4

I need a copy for proof to set up my tiktok business account there asking for documents?

Clarissa Vasquez
Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Itzafetishshop  - Violet here, stepping in for EJ. Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

If you qualify for a 1099-K you may be able to use this in place of a W9 form. You can find instructions for downloading your 1099-K here.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4